• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How long does it take to restore an app with Titanium Backup?

Codec

Android Enthusiast
Nov 16, 2011
I uninstalled the dialer app because I just wanted to get rid of the icon, I didn't know it wold not let me use the phone widget at the bottom of the screen. But it's taking forever to restore the app. Is something wrong? It has been going for like an hour saying restoring.

Try to stop it if there's an option to do so, or reboot. Worst case, pull the battery and see what you have upon reboot. You already have a backup anyway so you should be ok. Are you running a rom or just stock but with root? Do you have a nandroid backup you can revert to if need be?
I did a backup of it but it won't install back. I don't understand your question.

Upvote 0
I did a backup of it but it won't install back.

What sort of failure are you getting. I'm saying go into clockworkmod recovery, go to the backup/restore option and restore the backup you made. Is that what you are doing and it's not working? Also, remember that to select menu items in clockwork, use the trackpad button. Some people try using the power button like you would in hboot and that doesn't work.

Upvote 0
What sort of failure are you getting. I'm saying go into clockworkmod recovery, go to the backup/restore option and restore the backup you made. Is that what you are doing and it's not working? Also, remember that to select menu items in clockwork, use the trackpad button. Some people try using the power button like you would in hboot and that doesn't work.
Well now I did a factory reset, but that didn't fix it the problem. Before it was just saying restoring app but never did.

Upvote 0
I uninstalled the dialer app because I just wanted to get rid of the icon, I didn't know it wold not let me use the phone widget at the bottom of the screen. But it's taking forever to restore the app. Is something wrong? It has been going for like an hour saying restoring.

i am having the exact same problem!!
how did you fix it in the end???
PLEASE HELP ME
my email is, josephrubin2002@yahoo.com, please tell me how you fixed it
thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones