• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How long does it take you to setup phone after flashing ROM

ninjakyle

Apr 23, 2010
Indiana
www.kyleheimann.com
It takes me a few days to get apps installed, settings how I like it, login/passwords set for apps and everything.

Even then, I constantly find things that I forgot to fix or add.

I love trying new ROMs but it is so much work.

Is it faster for you flash-aholics?
Do you just always have your phone in a sterile, non-custom status?
Or do you just have tons of time to kill?

I feel like I am doing something wrong because I want to try other ROMs but don't have the time.

Reactions: gggirlgeek
Is it faster for you flash-aholics?
yes :D

Do you just always have your phone in a sterile, non-custom status?
Or do you just have tons of time to kill?
absolutely not! i dont have tons of apps that i have to have... prolly less than 20. once the rom comes up i go thru the google sync,then go to the market and see what apps are automatically downloading. when they finish,i push the rest of them from my puter if im missing any(just seems a lil faster to push them to the Phone from the puter).

then i go thru and add the app shortcuts and widgets to my homescreens.

then i just change a couple ringtones and alerts,and use titanium backup to restore the data from "notebook".

i dont live in a sterile,non custom status,but i only use 3 homescreens and have a basic layout i always stick to,so it really doesnt take me that long. entire process takes an hour or so :)

Upvote 0
I have about 100 apps I think and it takes me maybe 30 minutes to re-setup my phone. I use Titanium backup to restore all my apps. And since I use LauncherPro, when it restores LP all the home screens are the way I had them set up before (have to re-add the widgets though). The biggest pain is redoing all of my notification sounds.

Upvote 0
It takes me under 30 minutes to get everything set up the way I like. I use App Brain and install all my apps individually (40 or so), SMS Backup + to restore my texts (this takes a while as it restore over 5,000 texts), Astro to install all my apk's and then reset my notifications, email signatures and widgets. Once you do it a few times it gets faster and faster. I could probably do it in 15 minutes If I was really in a rush and had to

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones