1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How long is the "New Email Notification" supposed to stay on the top of the screen for?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jshoe22, Mar 29, 2011.

1. jshoe22

jshoe22 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Mine seems to be disappearing after some period of time. Isn't it supposed to stay until I check the emails or clear it? Or is this normal?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. mneimeyer

mneimeyer Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    Upstate, NY
    Any chance you've read the messages on another "interface"? I use the Gmail app for my personal mail and I'm pretty sure if I read the messages on my desktop computer in the Gmail interface then the notification disappears on its own. Conversely I use the Email app for work and that is also checked by my Outlook (via Google Apps sync) and that one constantly disappears on its own and I always assumed that it was because I've "seen" the email in Outlook. The latter is annoying because it means when I'm in the office and Outlook is open the notification effectively dings every time a new message comes in rather than once and not again until I look at the messages.

plummy likes this.
  3. jshoe22

jshoe22 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    No I did some testing. I changed it to look for sync Hotmail every 5 minutes. I noticed that if another email is not received during that sync cycle the icon disappears. I think that is strange but thats what it is doing.