• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Long is Your Battery Life?

How long does your battery last on a normal days usage?

• 5-7 hours

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • 8-10 hours

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • 11-13 hours

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • 14-16 hours

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • 16-18 hours

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 19-21 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 22+ Hours

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters
My understanding is that is actually good for the battery, bu this is again me remembering older technology. With the current types of LiON cells I am not so sure - but I still do it every now and again.

My Alias had a LiON, and every time I ran it dry and then charged it seems as if I got back several hours of standby time (which would slowly deplete as I continued to use it).

Upvote 0
I have found that my battery has been steadily gaining in performance since I bought the phone last Sat. I've completely drained it a couple times and for some reason it seems to be stabilizing itself, (first few days only around 12-15 hours). Now i'm averaging around 20 hours of, "normal," usage. I make sure to kill unnecessary background apps and I also use auto-dim. So at least from my experience letting the bat. drain down seemed to help.
P.S. I'm addicted to gathering up as much info as I can about this phone!

Upvote 0
No exaggeration..I got it the monday after it came out..so i guess the 9th..i fully charged it, let it die totally, charged it full..and repeated the process FIVE times. Now, my battery stays on 100% for about 3 hours, then stays on 90% for another like 3 hours and this is all with moderate use...i take it off the charger at 10am, and i am down to 60% the next morning at 10am when i put it back on the charger..and this is all with moderate use..prob 100 texts a day and moderate web browsing and stuff..brightness 3/4 of the way up, 15 second screen timeout although it saves battery if you lock it when you are done instead of letting the 15 seconds run...gps off, wireless location on, and only 3g..never wifi. what else..umm facebook every 30 min, email every 30 min, and task killer i kill everything when i am done....i'd say the advertised 385 minutes is good for me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones