1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How long is yours lasting?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Emmnemms, May 25, 2011.

1. Emmnemms

Emmnemms Newbie

Hey, So i have read oodles and oodles about battery times and such, but could find no thread like this, so i figured i would start one.

I can't really say for sure on mine, since i have only had it about 48 hours, but i have had my phone on for 5 hours and am at 70% (granted, had pretty light usage so far...)

What is your average battery usage?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mauiblue

mauiblue Android Enthusiast

For me, the stock battery lasts about 12 hrs based on my personal usage (light usage, GPS on, WiFi) and about 22 hrs with my extended (2150) battery.

3. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

This was a HUGE issue a year ago. I think battery life was so huge for two main reasons: 1st- the Incredible brought so many new people to the smartphone platform for the first time. I for one had never had a smartphone before. I was used to my Dare which would go almost a week between charges. When I got the Incredible and realized that I had to charge daily or sometimes twice per day, it was inconvenient to say the least. Now that the "new" has worn off of it and we've gotten used to using a smartphone, it would be much more inconvenient to NOT have it than to charge it when necessary. Most people are close enough to power either in their car or at their office to plug it up when necessary.

The other thing that made this topic less important is achieving root. Once root was achieved, the issue didn't go away but it was even more manageable. With changing kernels, under clocking and removing bloatware battery life improved.

Having said all of that, my battery life lasts about 18 hours without a charge if I let it go to zero. I don't do that anymore though. When I hit around 60% I recharge and move on. All I need my phone to last is 2-3 hours because it's always powered back up after that.

4. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Android Enthusiast

my girlfriend wants mine to last longer..

just saying.

jayochs likes this.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews