1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How long should I wait?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aileendq, Dec 1, 2009.

1. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

As of today it's been two weeks since I recieved my Droid. My Samsung i760 is gathering dust in a drawer.

To date, I have had only one weird random reboot.

How long should I wait until I get rid of the Samsung? I used to donate my old phones to domestic violence shelters via the SafeLink program that Verizon had, but the Samsung cost me a pretty penny and I'd like to recoup at least a tiny amount of what it cost. (I know it will be miniscule.)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. oceanlight

oceanlight Android Enthusiast

you've waited long enough. time to commit! :)

3. Gunner

Gunner Android Enthusiast

My i760 is gathering dust on the desk to my left right now. And I don't see me ever picking it up again...except to put on Ebay. ; ) I've had a few force closes, and rebooted the Droid once when the screen went dark after a phone call. Annoying, but compared to the constant program crashes, slow downs, and necessary reboots on my i760, a few quirks from the Droid is not a deal breaker for me. An expected evil of smartphones (pocket computers) I'm afraid.

4. carnadi88

carnadi88 Newbie

I'm actually getting rid of my BB Curve this week. I've had my Droid for about 3 weeks now.

5. GolfnDroid

GolfnDroid Well-Known Member

I've had my Droid a week and I just donated my Samsung to domestic violence victims. It's just money and this phone is shiznit, whatcha waiting for?:D

6. Derekv

Derekv Newbie

I gave my friend my old htc diamond the day i got my droid.

7. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

I sold my omnia the day after i got my dorid

8. holmgren

holmgren Well-Known Member

i think i am going to put up my Dare on ebay in the next couple of days. ive got a few other older phones that i can resort to if anything were to happen.

9. droid-john

droid-john Newbie

We sold our three iPhones on ebay the week after we got our Droids. Made a profit, even after paying off the at&t termination fee.

10. mswhite60

mswhite60 Well-Known Member

My daughter has my i760 and thinks she is on top of the world now :rolleyes:

Amazing to me when I try to help her with something on it...I can't figure out WM 6.1 anymore!

11. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

Nice! How did you manage to get people to pay that much for old iPhones!? :eek:

12. droid-john

droid-john Newbie

My 16gb 3G sold for $360
    My wifes 8gb 2G sold for $220
    My daughters 8gb 2G (beat up) sold for $140

I don't understand, but it made it easier for me to switch on Nov. 6th

13. Barbara

Barbara Android Expert

Makes me wonder what I could get for my Droid. Hmmmm.......

*JUST KIDDING!!!!*

14. professor0530

professor0530 Lurker

I hang onto at least one of my old phones always incase a god awful accident happens I dont leave myself phoneless for a period of time.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews