• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How Long Should Number Porting Take?

If I remember correctly it took me about 12-18hours. I did it all via the google page but T-Mobile called me about 4 hours after I got my phone and I had to give them my AT&T account number. Then they started the porting.
Timeline was:
Got the phone around noon. At 4pm, I got a call from T-Mo and gave them the info for my old AT&T account. Around 8pm my phone number was ported but still didn't get text messages. The next morning at 6 am, everything was working as it should (I believe it was fully done during the night but not sure of the exact time.
So in my case it was a maximum of 18 hours.

Upvote 0
For me it took longer because my AT&T account was under my wife's SSN and I opened the new T-Mobile account using mine. The discrepancy bollixed the automatic process and I had to call T-Mobile customer service to get it done. As I recall, once I talked with customer service it only took an hour or so before I got the "Welcome to T-Mobile" text message and I could dial out on the phone, but for a few hours after that I had to carry both phones because incoming calls still rang my AT&T phone. Everything was all set by the time I got up the next morning, though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones