• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Long to Charge an HTC Tattoo before 1st Use?

Hi,

I am expecting delivery of an Tattoo Ink today:cool:. It's been a bit delayed and there's no credit left on my old phone, so I have a backlog of calls I need to make.

How long does it take before plugging a new phone into the charger for the 1st and it being safe to turn it on to use it for the 1st time? (without doing the battery any damage:eek:)

I have searched through the online manuals but they are disappointingly vague about this.

AnnaInk

I am not a battery expert - but if you're using it with the mains lead plugged in, I would have thought that 15 mins would be enough just to ensure that the battery has taken a surface charge.

It takes a fair while to charge up fully for the first time (and longer over USB).

Welcome aboard by the way.

Upvote 0
modern lithium batteries don't have the same memory issues that batteries of the past suffered from. It takes a fair bit of punishment to damage lithium batteries.

as has already been suggested, plug it in, leave it 15 minutes then use the phone whilst still plugged in.

or if you are still concerned might be a better idea to chuck a fiver in your old phone and make the calls from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones