• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How long will you all wait?

I was just reading up on that. I agree its disappointing but apparently the phone still has decent audio quality. Also the Dinc4G will absolutely NOT be 199$. It will be 149$, if anything, they'll go down on the price from there.

Edit: My bad, didnt see the latest article. Still, Im pretty sure its 199$ and a rebate.

i will be interested to see what kind of fixes the community comes up with for the poor custom "multi-tasking" HTC put into their phones. Maybe my favorite thing about android is having pandora play in the background while reading a book, then checking my notifications and switching to the email client, getting a question from a family member so i switch to the browser, then i copy and paste the link back into a reply, send it off and go back to reading all while music is playing.

and that is just one scenario. The way people are talking about the HTC One X and One S, if you tried to do that you would be reloading all those apps b/c HTC is aggressively killing everything to save on battery and ram.

that one be a 100% dealbreaker if people were stuck with that on the Inc 4g, but i'm sure someone will have a fix for it.

Upvote 0
i will be interested to see what kind of fixes the community comes up with for the poor custom "multi-tasking" HTC put into their phones. Maybe my favorite thing about android is having pandora play in the background while reading a book, then checking my notifications and switching to the email client, getting a question from a family member so i switch to the browser, then i copy and paste the link back into a reply, send it off and go back to reading all while music is playing.

and that is just one scenario. The way people are talking about the HTC One X and One S, if you tried to do that you would be reloading all those apps b/c HTC is aggressively killing everything to save on battery and ram.

that one be a 100% dealbreaker if people were stuck with that on the Inc 4g, but i'm sure someone will have a fix for it.

If I can not stream Pandora while using Google Nav in my vehicles this is a complete deal breaker for me. Can anybody confirm this?? Maybe I should post this question on the One X and S forums....

Upvote 0
If I can not stream Pandora while using Google Nav in my vehicles this is a complete deal breaker for me. Can anybody confirm this?? Maybe I should post this question on the One X and S forums....

It has been confirmed that all the HTC devices coming out lately have had the WORST multi-tasking of any android phones ever. And when they were questioned about it HTC basically said, "our custom multi-tasking is working as intended."

So either they will listen to the outcry or you will be forced to root cause i'm SURE One X owners will not put up with it and someone will come up with a solution.

I'd rather just go with Samsung who has stock ICS multi-tasking.

Upvote 0
It has been confirmed that all the HTC devices coming out lately have had the WORST multi-tasking of any android phones ever. And when they were questioned about it HTC basically said, "our custom multi-tasking is working as intended."

So either they will listen to the outcry or you will be forced to root cause i'm SURE One X owners will not put up with it and someone will come up with a solution.

I'd rather just go with Samsung who has stock ICS multi-tasking.

This is a huge bummer for me. First Verizon waiting to push this phone out until they can force people of unlimited data, then HTC wrecking a basic feature of a smartphone. I am thinking when July 5th roles around I may just wait another month or so to see what the reviews and issue are. I should not have to root my phone to fix such basic features of a smart phone. JMO

Update: So I was just doing some reading on the One X\XL and S forums for multitasking issues. I guess I am not seeing where this is such a big issue. I see that HTC Sense is killing unused processes faster then they to today, but I am not reading any threads where most see this as a huge issue. The most multitasking I do is Pandora and Google Nav at the same time and from responses I have got and threads I have read, this isn't an issue.

Upvote 0
This is a huge bummer for me. First Verizon waiting to push this phone out until they can force people of unlimited data, then HTC wrecking a basic feature of a smartphone. I am thinking when July 5th roles around I may just wait another month or so to see what the reviews and issue are. I should not have to root my phone to fix such basic features of a smart phone. JMO

Update: So I was just doing some reading on the One X\XL and S forums for multitasking issues. I guess I am not seeing where this is such a big issue. I see that HTC Sense is killing unused processes faster then they to today, but I am not reading any threads where most see this as a huge issue. The most multitasking I do is Pandora and Google Nav at the same time and from responses I have got and threads I have read, this isn't an issue.

i have read a lot more complaints of people having apps shut down. the point of multi-tasking is to have apps at the ready. so for example, if i open my email app and then go play a game for a loooooong time (like 15 minutes hehe :) and then want to check my email again to respond to something, i don't want it to reload if i have the ram.

the reason htc's process is dumb is because you will have to reload the app. Sure with these S4 processors it will be a quick reload but it will never be as fast as if they had just left it in the ram. And that's the point: the ram is there to be used. Yes Sense 4.0 takes up a lot of ram space but 1gb of ram is plenty to have a half dozen apps open ALWAYS. HTC should not be putting a timer on the apps but it looks like they are.

But yeah, i can see how others wouldn't care (like my 60+ year old parents that have had the SGS2 for a month and didn't know about holding down the home button to see last used apps :) but for someone like me that likes to jump between apps often, it would bug me. Plus it bugs me when they alter something in ICS that works perfectly well as is.

Maybe it's like the people getting all upset over the WOLFSON DAC probably not being in the US variants of the SGS3. To me, as long as the earpiece sounds good, i don't care. Others, they might not buy the phone. But multi-tasking is that big of a deal to me on a "SMART"-phone and is enough to keep me away until they would change it.

Reactions: jamala00
Upvote 0
I hear ya man... It's why I am starting to think i will just wait for the reviews and hold onto my Inc 2. But like I said in another post. Since to me the other phones are phablets, it is beginning to look like the only other real option I may have is an iPhone. I do not like 4.3" or bigger phones...

Upvote 0
I wish I had read this thread before I decided which phone to order.
I think I would have given up free and purple, and instead bought the razr max.

But I will try it.

So with an HTC phone, an app that runs in the background, sleeping waiting for an event, running at the same time as other apps, is not going to work well?

it doesn't work well on the HTC One X and the culprit seems to be in Sense 4.0. so the ASSumption is that you will encounter similar problems on the HTC Inc 4g since it will also be running Sense 4.0. Of course you know what happens when you ASS-U-ME........=)

Upvote 0
it doesn't work well on the HTC One X and the culprit seems to be in Sense 4.0. so the ASSumption is that you will encounter similar problems on the HTC Inc 4g since it will also be running Sense 4.0. Of course you know what happens when you ASS-U-ME........=)

Actually the phone I ordered is running Sense 3.5.
It is the HTC Rhyme.

I don't even have it yet, and I already hate it, just based on some reviews I recently read.
I don't know how I missed reading these before I bought it.

Oh Well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones