• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How long will you own your Droid Incredible?

Correct me if both the verizon csr i just talked to and myself are wrong but....

According to verizon, even if you are on a two year contract you can upgrade every 12 months. You do lose the new every two (22 months) but after 12 months, even if in a two year contract you are able to upgrade and buy the new phone at the two-year price.

Upvote 0
I'll get a new phone when 4G is available in my area and there is a good Android phone capable of 4G on Verizon.

This...

My next phone will probably be determined by VZW's 4G rollout.

Once that is widely aviable, it'll depend on how cool the new phone's are and how close I am to the NE2(which is actually 20 months) so that comes up in what, roughly sept. 1st next year? if you bought release day...

Upvote 0
Correct me if both the verizon csr i just talked to and myself are wrong but....

According to verizon, even if you are on a two year contract you can upgrade every 12 months. You do lose the new every two (22 months) but after 12 months, even if in a two year contract you are able to upgrade and buy the new phone at the two-year price.

correct, you just don't get the extra 50-100$ rebate.

and I "think" the NE2 is actually 20 months, not positive though.

Upvote 0
Ha! Great question. Here's my two cents: I LOVE my Dinc, but let's face it...there is ALWAYS something bigger and better...and the fact that we all spend so much time on the forums is a pretty good indicator that we're all gadget geeks! lol So...my answer is this...I will keep my Dinc until 1) something else comes out that I just can't live without or 2) until I am eligible for another upgrade. So far, I am VERY pleased with my phone...but then again, I came from a Blackberry Storm...so I would have been pleased with just about anything!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones