• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How make volume level stick?

Mac29

Oct 12, 2018
I normally use the volume 'bar' levels on screen vs. the physical buttons. But I find no matter where I set call volume it resets to full almost instantaneously. Anyone know how to save levels? Do I have to double tap or something?

Thank you.

This reinforces my diagnosis of your problem in your other thread: it sounds like your "volume up" key is malfunctioning, and the phone thinks you are constantly pressing it. That would account for this behaviour as well as the constant presence of the volume bar on your screen.

If you can't "unstick" the button I'm afraid it will need to be repaired.

There are "button mapping" apps, but without root I do not know whether any of these could change the function of that button to something else (that did no harm if it were constantly pressed!). But that's the only software workaround that I can think of.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
When I first got an Android I had a similar problem with volume. In my case it the volume button getting pressed while in my pocket. I used a volume locker app from play that required me to acknowledge a volume change initiated by either a button push or slider adjustment via a toolbar notification before it would stay. If I didn't OK the change it would revert back to the last approved volume setting.

I'm not sure whats available nowadays as that was circa 2010, but search "volume locker" in play and see what comes up. May be a temporary fix until you replace the case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones