• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Many Activated Ally's Are Left?

Do you still have an activated Ally?

• Yes

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • No

Votes: 22 25.6%

• Total voters
I didnt want to upgrade but my son smashed in the dialer so people were being called...
Now with the razr but still developing on the ally for a little longer. I had to tear apart the ally to fix the button but only would do the task if i had another phone just incase...
the ally was and is a great phone from its time of release and with the support we leave behind. It will live on for people who need the roms that the phone desperately needs.

Upvote 0
While my Ally is still activated, it's going to be a little disappointing that development will cease, as it used to be exciting seeing the development. It's only a matter of weeks before development is over, as when you guys go none of the rest of us know how to develop sadly (at least I think so). 2.3 coming? Well we will see if that happens, but this phone has made a good run. It also taught me the basics of rooting, as I was clueless before as to how to root or what is was. I got lucky rooting my phone, really lucky, but now I know and it helped a lot but since I don't get my upgrade til September, it will be a long way to taste development again.

Upvote 0
While my Ally is still activated, it's going to be a little disappointing that development will cease, as it used to be exciting seeing the development. It's only a matter of weeks before development is over, as when you guys go none of the rest of us know how to develop sadly (at least I think so). 2.3 coming? Well we will see if that happens, but this phone has made a good run. It also taught me the basics of rooting, as I was clueless before as to how to root or what is was. I got lucky rooting my phone, really lucky, but now I know and it helped a lot but since I don't get my upgrade til September, it will be a long way to taste development again.

Rooting is different with each device and is blocked on the higher end devices and newer procedures are needed to be taken. More difficult ones than what an ally user is used to. I want you guys to be aware of that.

Upvote 0
Actually I'm due for a new phone already and in feb. all 4 phones I have in my plan with Verizon will be out of contract. My Ally still does what I need it to do and the way Verizon has been going lately I'm not sure I want to stick with them.
You better be sure you're done with Verizon before switching. Once you realize Sprint isn't the answer you'll either be stuck with a contract you hate or an etf in addition to losing unlimited data with verizon. What specifically are you looking for an improvement in?

Upvote 0
I've been wondering this for a while and I finally decided to make a thread about it. Do you still have an activated Ally?

While Velocity 1.2.1 has been out for a while, since I've been hosting a mirror for savoxis it's had 935 unique downloads. Of course there is no telling how many of these are the same individuals downloading from different computers or how many may still be actually in use, but interesting none the less.

Upvote 0
My mom, sister, and I still use the Ally. I'm the only one of the three of us who has Velocity.

I might be upgrading to a Bionic or Galaxy Nexus (mmm. . .ICS) once my contract expires in July. Either that, or I'll just change to a new battery and flash rgocal's Bionix ROM in place of Velocity. Kinda interested in savoxis' 1.2.2 version of Velocity, though. . .

Upvote 0
Actually I'm due for a new phone already and in feb. all 4 phones I have in my plan with Verizon will be out of contract. My Ally still does what I need it to do and the way Verizon has been going lately I'm not sure I want to stick with them.

Dautley if you leave ima slap you.... go get a preowned Bionic Now.... its only 29.99. Best decision you could make.

Also my wife still has the Ally until March. At which point I will get her a Bionic. My brother and sister-in-law still have the Ally on velocity 1 as well as my mother-in-law and father-in-law. So there are 5 that are still active. If someone needs testing done I will go back tk my Ally and test for you. I Have two Ally's

Upvote 0
My mom, sister, and I still use the Ally. I'm the only one of the three of us who has Velocity.

I might be upgrading to a Bionic or Galaxy Nexus (mmm. . .ICS) once my contract expires in July. Either that, or I'll just change to a new battery and flash rgocal's Bionix ROM in place of Velocity. Kinda interested in savoxis' 1.2.2 version of Velocity, though. . .

I wish that some of these awesome devs would come on board to the Bionic. It has three awsome roms but the deving community that was doing it has gone to the Razr.

Upvote 0
Dautley if you leave ima slap you.... go get a preowned Bionic Now.... its only 29.99. Best decision you could make.

Also my wife still has the Ally until March. At which point I will get her a Bionic. My brother and sister-in-law still have the Ally on velocity 1 as well as my mother-in-law and father-in-law. So there are 5 that are still active. If someone needs testing done I will go back tk my Ally and test for you. I Have two Ally's

Looking at Bionic. My Full contract will be up in Feb. so I can go through best buy, Amazon, or WalMart .
Apparently if your currant contract is grandfathered in from the New Every Two program, your eligibility date to upgrade from Verizon at a much higher price is earlier that the eligibility date from third party vendors, so waiting a few more months will save me around $200.00 depending on what I want to get.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones