• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many Android phones are still running with 1.5?

3 as far as I know. The Cliq, the cliq xt, and the Behold 2. I think that's it. Any they're all t-mobile devices as you can see witch kind of pisses me off since I had the G1 on the day it was released and have about 4 different android phones. I have the Cliq XT now and it love it, 1.5 or not. I think this phone will be nothing short of amazing with 2.1 and flash 10. I hope we get them both. I'm %99 sure we'll get the 2.1 but only about %50 that this device will get Flash 10, although it comes with Flash lite, witch is better than no flash at all. Hopefully the flash will upgrade along with the Android 2.1 os. <<Crosses fingers>>>>

Upvote 0
Still limping along with 1.5 on my T-Mobile Cliq. Talk about being left in the dust. Considering Sprints EVO 4G if I'm still crippled when this releases.

No need to worry. The Cliq and Cliq XT are due for the 2.1 update in Q2. Hang in there.

With regards to the EVO, though, I think I'm still going to get it. Lol. I guess I love phones so much I'm willing to have 2 carriers :p.

Upvote 0
Interesting..

The number of Android 1.5 devices is GROWING....

December 2009 (source: Android Developers Blog: Knowing is half the battle )

28a02rl.png

March 2010 (source: Platform Versions | Android Developers )

rrmagk.png

Upvote 0
I'm on of those new 1.5 users. I just got my Galaxy Spica with Rogers the other day. I've been seaching and calling all over trying to figure out how to get atleast 1.6 since I need it for Google Maps 4.1. I ticks me off that I can't save locations with the GPS function. Looks like I should be able to get all my up to date info off this forum!

Upvote 0
A new Android 1.5 user (T-Mobile G2Touch AkA HTC Hero), awaiting a Android 2.1 update, which should hit very soon... I suspect that pie-chart will change very quickly once HTC start updating the Hero....

I suspect the rapid expansion of the Android 1.5 devices, is with mobile providers clearing down the shelves for the next-gen android handsets. I was lured in by the

Upvote 0
i'm pretty sure that's the end of december + start of january, not march
it's the usa's idiotic scheme of putting the month before the day; ie. 1/4/2010 as opposed to 4.1.2010 (the 4th of january was the first business day of the year)
also, if it was the end of march, there'd be some 2.1 devices as well

Upvote 0
it's the usa's idiotic scheme of putting the month before the day; ie. 1/4/2010 as opposed to 4.1.2010 (the 4th of january was the first business day of the year)
:rolleyes:

Why ya gotta hate? It's just different.

In the US we write 4/1/2010 because we say April 1st, 2010. In Europe they write 1/4/2010 because you say 1st of April, 2010.

In some countries they would write that as 2010/4/1. Descending order makes it easiest to sort. It's just different, not idiotic.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones