1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How many Android powered devices do you own?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Kaiser17, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Android Enthusiast

So.. im curious, how many Android powered devices do you guys own and what are they?

Currently, I own 2 Android phones.. the Samsung Galaxy Indulge, and the LG Optimus M from MetroPCS. Both are running on Froyo.

I am planning to get the 7 inch Galaxy Tab (WiFi Only), since it's just perfect for me.. not too big to make it feel uncomfortable and not to small and the price is right.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Socrat3s

Socrat3s Member

I have the atrix 4g, and the captivate .. well technically the captivate is bricked but you get the point.

3. Kaiser17

If I would have counted two of my old bricked Android phones then I'd have 4 devices, you don't see me doing that because "technically" speaking they don't work so I don't count them as working devices that I own ;)

4. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

Let's see:

I have the Incredible
    Mom has the Motorola Droid 2
    Dad has a Thunderbolt
    They each have a Samsung tablet
    Grandpa owns the newest Samsung tablet
    My daughter will be getting the Continuum for Christmas (she just doesn't know it yet)

So all total - there are 7 in the house.

5. sohguanh

sohguanh Android Enthusiast

Actually there exist a market for used Android devices. For the telcos in my country, they have a trade-in concept where you trade-in your old ones for some rebate off the cost of a new phone.

Nokia was prevalent in developing countries cuz most developed countries users trade-in or sell to those middle-men who re-furbish and then shipped them off to developing countries and sell cheap. Never under-estimate the developing countries market. There is enormous appetite for re-furbished cuz they can get it cheap and still can enjoy what the phone provided features.

6. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

I have 2 active Android devices and my Droid X, which I use occasionally as a wifi only device. Eventually, I hope to use the DX for another test unit when I get closer to finishing my apps.

7. onpointG35

onpointG35 Android Enthusiast

I have my amazing Evo, HTC hero and cough cough moto cliq XT, both Evo and hero are running cm7 cliq still on wonderful 1.5

8. Mada

Mada Android Enthusiast

Just my phone, Samsung Fascinate. First and only Android powered device I've owned.

9. lsutigers03

lsutigers03 Android Enthusiast

Just an Atrix right now. If the Prime comes to AT&T I may get that.

10. UnplugMe

UnplugMe Well-Known Member

I have 2, an HTC incredible and an elocity A7 tablet, but I just ordered a Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb, so that'll make 3. But I'm getting tired of Android problems and am considering an ipad, I may cancel the Dell and sell my elocity.

11. alextop30

alextop30 Android Expert

Have 2 htc evo 4g and galaxy tab 10.1 using evo as a wireless hotspot due to its awesome and free capabilities and posting this from my tab on the train back home :)

12. mrsbelpit

mrsbelpit Android Enthusiast

Samsung Vibrant & GT 10.1. My new addition will be the Nexus Prime when it comes out and the Vibrant will be a PMP or I may give it to my mom, who wants a google phone but doesn't want to pay monthly data charges.

13. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I have 3, my phone (thunderbolt), mp3 player (Cowon D3), my babysitter's phone (D2G) I "own" several more but they were lost in a move.

14. KyleB

KyleB Well-Known Member

I am happy owner of Motorola Xoom, unhappy owner of HTC magic phone.

15. Kaiser17

Android Family eh? lol.

16. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert

2 Samsung Epic 4G's in my household
    1 Samsung Epic 4G touch (mine)
    1 Samsung Moment (retired, laying in a drawer somewhere)
    1 Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (mine)

Total: 5

17. BabyBlues

Just a bit. Lol. My brother and his wife each have an incredible too. They just don't live in the house.

18. Kaiser17

Why so many Epic's? A big fan of the Epic 4G phones?

Lol. Still.. 7 android devices is ALOT. Its like your whole entire family has an Android. You should buy one for your pet :p (Guessing you have one)

19. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

As you can see from my profile, I own an HTC Desire Z and an Asus Eee Pad Transformer with keyboard dock. I am happy with both of these devices. The Desire Z was a significant upgrade over the Nokia N97 (the worse smartphone ever, but with a few really nice features). The Eee Pad has almost completely replaced my laptop.

20. BabyBlues

The dog only likes to lick the phones. If she could use one I would probably get one for her. Lol.

21. Greenish2011

Greenish2011 Newbie

Hope I will get a cool phone this christmas as well and hope this msg somehow ends up in front of one of my family's eyes!
    :cool:

22. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

Two. An Original Droid and now a Bionic.

23. Kaiser17

Lol.. I hope so too then. I could use a nice upgrade although I know it wont happen unless I buy it myself.

24. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Android Enthusiast

Current:
    Nook Color w/CM7 (my first Android :p)
    4x LG Thrive (1x back-up phone for me, 1x for mom, 2x for use as carphones)
    Samsung Nexus S i9020A (just bought from ebay)

Buying soon:
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray ST18a

Also have 2x HP TouchPad w/CM7 alpha if you wanna count those.

25. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert

2. OG droid and Droid 3. Currently saving up to buy a Bionic from forums or CL :p