• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How Many Apps Can I Install?

rosered

Android Expert
Jul 4, 2010
UK
I know apps vary in size but I just wondered how many apps I can download onto the phones memory?

What limits you, the memory size or the phones ability to run many at once?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search first but couldn't find an answer for the X10. Apologies if I missed it.

Actually, you can have several apps started at the same tame and switch between them, that doesn't create lag. Only if you have apps that run in the background and do something big, while you use another app, then you will get lag. I always have music on in the background on the phone, and that doesn't create any noticeable lag.

Upvote 0
My name is Rosered and I'm an appaholic!

Thanks for the answers. I was wondering because I keep seeing all these good apps suggested on different forums. and was worried about somehow blocking up my phone by downloading them. Having said that my app addiction has led me into battery drain territory this week and it took a bit of figuring which one it was. I am now on an app diet, only one a day so I can tell if its the new one that messes up the system. I have also ditched ones that are just a five minute wonder, but you know what they say - you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones