• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many Eri have you gone through?

How many Eri have you gone through?

• This is my one and only.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Im on my second one so far.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • Third times a charm.

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • More than three.

Votes: 14 11.4%

• Total voters
it IS named after the desire, its code named desirec. you can check in the boo.img for init.desirec and multiple other mentions of it in the software. BUT! its still Eri :p

An acceptable plural or iris is irides. I think that I like that one: Erides.

I think that there is little doubt that the Eris was named from its code named, plus we can take the whole code name backwards and say that everyone who has received a lemon was Erised. Perfect.

Upvote 0
your right frisco, but i dont see how. i treat my phone good, i have a body glove hardcase on it at all times. i think its the constant flashing and testing that i do on it...which wont be an issue afer i get this one since ive been donated a phone from one of you extremely awesome AF users.

Upvote 0
I kinda doubt that it came from the Greek Goddess.. being that she's the goddess of strife, not the sort of image they want to attach to a product!

The problem with Erised is that there is a particular mirror in the Harry Potter stories called the mirror of Erised, and I believe the author had a copywrite on that title... abd Erise is an ugly word.

By the way.. still on numero uno!

Upvote 0
I think I am on Eris #5 so far. Here's a listing of issues I've had:

Battery heats up, really heats up, drains completely and dies.
Touch the text message button goes into your email instead.
Black screen of death, stuck on HTC logo for hours.
Can not answer calls, hit answer and nothing happens, go to call person back and realize the phone actually did answer (sometimes) and they are now in your voicemail somehow. Weird!

I received a new phone July 22nd in the store, refurbished of course. The tech tried it out first and the speaker was awful and crackling. Wait 20 more minutes while she got another refurbished phone. Good thing she tried it.

Got another refurbished Eris yesterday, as it was not answering again and not letting me text. The tech says they don't see many of these come back. Yeah Okay (lol). The speaker on the back is bad on this one. It crackles.

My question is, how many times until they finally give me a different phone. I don't want the motorola because I like sense. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I'm on #4

1st - shorted speaker causing battery drain(i.e 5hr battery life)

2nd - silent call bug.

3rd - scrolling to left bug/USB port malfunction

4th - WINNER!!! No issuses! Perfect! Only made better by rooting and adding the 3500mAh extended run time battery.

That's four Eroonie.

You should have kept going; your fifth Eris may have been previously owned by some wealthy person who left his or her bank account info on the contact card.

Upvote 0
I answered 4, even though I am only on my 3rd. The reason why I said 4 is because the 3rd one has NOT been a charm. In fact, the 3rd one is the worst one so far. I was procrastinating about dealing with it because I am in the middle of a kitchen renovation. We went over on minutes last month and when I called them to change the plan--I asked for some technical help. They finally agreed to replace it with a Droid 2--which should arrive tomorrow. :DYAY!!! I never had any problems until the 2.1 update--since then it has been a nightmare. Well, I did have a lot of problems with the keyboard--until I found Swype.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones