• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Many EVO's will be presold

How many Evo will be Sold/Preordered on July 4th??

Votes: 21 12.6%

Votes: 39 23.4%

Votes: 38 22.8%
  • 300k or more

Votes: 69 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't change my vote, but I would revise it to at least 150,000 now - up from original 50k vote.

Why? ATT just announced it was doubling the iPhone user contract breakage fee from $175 to $350. Anyone using the iPhone looking to switch better get out now so I need to factor that into my new guess.

Since the new iPhone isn't expected to be 4G and will be most likely coming out on ATT (I still don't believe it will hit VZW due to the exclusivity), there's going to be some bailing going on. ATT's 3G network will not be able to handle any new iPhone user traffic and certainly videocalls alone will bring things to a grinding halt.

Here comes the Kool-aid wave .....

Upvote 0
Well judging by another thread that said RS sold all of their 200,000 allotted preorder units. I'm goign to say the number is much closer to 600,000. that is guessing that BB preorders are greater than RS preorders + Sprint store orders.

the real question is; Will this phone break the iPhone opening weekend sales record?

Upvote 0
I don't think iPhone's going to be a huge hit outside the iPhone circle. Will it sell more - probably but the largest % of iPhone buyers will be iPhone owners. The upcoming iPhone isn't enough to win new customers.

Now if Evo had been marketed differently, it would have had a chance at least selling as many.

Upvote 0
SprintFun, I love your avatar... Does it come in Michigan State? :D

my good deed for the day.

mstate.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones