• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Many EVO's will be presold

How many Evo will be Sold/Preordered on July 4th??

Votes: 21 12.6%

Votes: 39 23.4%

Votes: 38 22.8%
  • 300k or more

Votes: 69 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since the poll was limited to July 4th only I say none since it's not July yet... :p

For June 4th Id say 100K... I think more were pre-ordered than that but with Sprint crashing and many unable to activate I will leave my hunch at 100K... Now if the weekend was included i's say 200k or more..

Upvote 0
The store manager at the Sprint I picked up from said over 3,500,000 had been pre ordered total in the US. Thats including Sprint stores, BB and RS.

The store manager apparently can't read.

That would be ~3.5 times the number of iPhones in one weekend. Yeah. Not happening.

If it's over 200,000 total, I will be shocked. Keep in mind during the Pre weekend, Sprint's systems went down as well, and they didn't see THAT many.

Upvote 0
I got an email saying 400K where activated but 650K units were pre sold on June 4..

I think the email is B.S. but we shall see. That's a lot of phones.. I find it hard to believe Sprint moved that many phones

personally I think the 400-500K range could be a doable number... my thinking is this:

the biggest launch (that I could research) was the PRE for Sprint.. and since they don't give actual numbers the analysts put it somewhere at about 100K launched..

that didn't destroy their systems... however, WE did.. I would have to say minimum triple that.. plus have to remember that the EVO actually went live at 12:01AM EST so the orders had been rolling since then and not just at the stores the 4th..

I think we are in for some good numbers :) It will be interesting to see it and I wish (hope) they will actually release numbers but I doubt it..

Upvote 0
The store manager apparently can't read.

That would be ~3.5 times the number of iPhones in one weekend. Yeah. Not happening.

If it's over 200,000 total, I will be shocked. Keep in mind during the Pre weekend, Sprint's systems went down as well, and they didn't see THAT many.

We are talking about how many were PRE ORDERED, not how many were SOLD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones