• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many EVOs will be sold

Hmmm... I say... fourteen.

e48b72af6e964fb8077cf79ba2d18ffc.gif

Upvote 0
That is an incredibly high number. It took the iPhone 3GS 3 days to sell 1 million. To my knowledge, you couldn't pre-order an iPhone though, so due to the fact that this encompasses all pre-orders for the Evo (and the phone isn't on an incredibly shitty network! Just the customer service is shitty :)), I guess it is possible?

Upvote 0
It looks to me like they are grouping all who preregistered on the sprint site as well as all the preorders into one number. I don't believe it will be that many, but I know it will be more than most thought.

Ahh, yes, you are correct. I missed that part.

We believe online preregistrations and preorders (for the EVO 4G) from indirect channel partners are the highest on record (we estimate close to 1.2 million by launch date)...

Upvote 0
I'm not in retail, but I would say any device that sells 1.2 preorders is pretty damn good. Even compared to Apple ~ and I'm a avid Mac lover and iPhone subscriber (until tmrw).

If BB & RS etc sell it at the discount price of $199 - I wonder how much they get out of the deal? I know they probably make their bread off of the accessories, but they have to make something off of the handsets yes??

Anyone know?

Upvote 0
It looks to me like they are grouping all who preregistered on the sprint site as well as all the preorders into one number. I don't believe it will be that many, but I know it will be more than most thought.

There we NO pre-orders on Sprint. Only third party sellers took pre-orders. Sprint will sell Friday in stores and in Telesales. You could, however, sign up for information to be notified when the EVO was available. Those hit today (well, it hit my email today!). Does "pre-registered" mean the same as "tell me when it's available"?

Upvote 0

There we NO pre-orders on Sprint. Only third party sellers took pre-orders. Sprint will sell Friday in stores and in Telesales. You could, however, sign up for information to be notified when the EVO was available. Those hit today (well, it hit my email today!). Does "pre-registered" mean the same as "tell me when it's available"?

I sometimes wonder why I even bother trying to explain anything:thinking:

Upvote 0
300-350k max over the w/e

i dont think so...

I hear RS sold 200K.. they are supposedly also getting a few extra for on had to sell too.

I am guessing that BB sold as many if not more.

then you have Sam's club and any other third party vendors.
Then there some that will only buy directly from sprint

my guess.. over the weekend... 600-800k

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones