• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many have you converted to Droid?

Let's see.... I got a G1 and used it for a few weeks, got the samsung memoir (I admit that getting it for the 8mp camera was the only reason I got it lol pretty dumb I know :rolleyes:) then was missing the android experience and almost got the hero, but found out the droid was gonna be really HAWT so I switched from tmo to get the droid on vzw and never looked back. Since then, I've gotten my cousin to upgrade to a mytouch from a sidekick slide, her cousin to a cliq from the behold I, my gf to a behold II from a samsung dumb phone, my sister from MY old samsung memoir (had to get rid of it somehow lol) to a cliq xt just this weekend :p. I also made a vzw rep look like a **** when he was pushing an older gentleman onto a win mo htc device, but he kept looking at the eris and the rep was like, the eris is geared toward a younger audience with an eye on social networks. I laughed and told the man about android and showed him how simple or complex it can be depending on your needs. I also showed him the scenes and and compared it to the win mo phone and he completely ignored the rep, and asked for an eris then and there after playing with it for a few minutes. I like advocating android in general :D its fun making "uninformed" reps look like jerks

Upvote 0
Wut? Why would you want to "convert" anyone else? Didn't your mother ever teach you that if you talk everyone else into having all of the cool toys that you will no longer be looked up to as the cool kid with all the toys? Sheesh. My friends ooh and aah over my phone and start asking questions... I just smile and walk away.

If every friend you hang with has the exact same phone as you, who is left to brag to? You just end up looking like another iPhone fan.

stickdance.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones