• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many Incredibles do you think were sold so far

How many Incredibles do you guys think Verizon sold with pre-orders and on launch day?

I'll guess anywhere from 100K to 200K

That seems unlikely. The Droid was the first Android device, and the first decent smart phone Verizon has had for a long time and it only sold 100K in its first weekend (it's up to 1.2 million now).

A lot of people who would have bought an Incredible might already have a Droid, and considering all factors (the weirdness of the AMOLED screen, the performance of a rooted Droid, etc) a lot of Droid owners - including myself - wouldn't want to switch anyway.

The Incredible is a great phone and superior to the Droid in many ways, but they share a customer base and the Droid got there first. Most people wouldn't pay retail even if they wanted to replace their Droid with an Incredible.

Just my .02

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones