• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many of us are still on our ORIGINAL EVO?

Are you still using your first EVO?

• Total voters
unfortunately I'm on my 3rd Evo. 1st one (launch day) started getting white spots on the screen about a month after I got it, then finally in December it just stopped charging or powering it up. Returned it to Sprint, got a replacement (hardware version 0004).

The 2nd one seemed to be working alright, but the flash wouldn't work and the GPS wasn't getting a signal. Returned it to Sprint, they fixed the flash, but the GPS was still not working correctly. Finally after 2 weeks, returned it and demanded and replacement.

3rd one now (hardware version 0003)...3 weeks, so far no problems.

Upvote 0
Not on my original anymore. 1st one version 003 had the crack by the power button and a bright white pixel. 2nd 003 refurb had a scratched screen. On my 3rd 002 version and other then a crackling ear speaker seems to be okay. I am taking it to a Sprint repair center to see what can be done. I tried demanding a new replacement but they want me to take it in. Almost thinking the quality control on the refurbs is worse then HTC's going out the door.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones