• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many of you are switching from a BB to the Droid

Count me in. Switched from Storm to Droid in January and have no regrets. Don't miss having to reboot my phone 3-5 times a day, expensive apps, few apps, slooowwww response, and not having any fun with my phone! It was a hard decision because I loved Blackberry and never dreamed I would have any other kind of phone. But, I finally got so frustrated with the Storm that I decided if I was going to make a change I was going to go for broke.

I was afraid there would be a big learning curve with the Droid but found it easy and awesome to use. I love this phone. I do miss voice dial but ----that's it! The choice of apps is great. I found apps to replace everything I had on my Storm and the best thing is that most of them were free. There are so many free apps to choose from. The few apps I have paid for have been very inexpensive and they are updated regularly. I have to remind myself to reboot the phone every now and then. It has been trouble free.

Have I said that I love the Droid? :)

Upvote 0
Going from my beloved BB Curve (8330) to the Droid, I did have some serious withdrawl symptoms - FOR ABOUT A SECOND!! Having played with the store model since January and using them side by side (under the watchfull eye of the Verizon sales folk) I had a good idea what I was getting into. Of course it wasn't untill the UPS delivery on 4/19 that I trully got a feel for what an upgrade it was. Just starting to scratch the surface of what this thing can do, but I'll tell you one thing - the Curve is now gathering dust in the closet.

My biggest dilemma to date is finding a good Windows/Android password keeper.

Search Market for Keeper. It works similar to RIM's Password Keeper. Navigation is a little different but you can figure it out.

Upvote 0
Anybody else miss their curve/tour keyboard and BBM? I do.

Sometimes, sure. I had really gotten accustomed to the Curve keyboard and could knock out texts and emails pretty quick. I also understand that there is going to be a learning curve associated with any technology shift/change. After 10 days I'm getting fairly good at the virtual and slideout keyboards.

As for BBM - meh. Wasn't really a fan.

Upvote 0
Anybody else miss their curve/tour keyboard and BBM? I do.

I do occasionally, but after a while I only talked to maybe 2 ppl w/ BBM b/c everyone was switching, lol. My Tour's keyboard was a breeze, but I've become pretty quick on the Droid's keyboard. The only thing that has me missing Blackberry is battery life. Other than that, the Droid handles everything my Tour could, and better!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones