• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories How many of you use a case for your Incredible?

now i have the body glove. i really like the look and feel of it, albeit it's kinda bulky. my only other complaint is that the sides kinda stick out a little far so it's hard to type letters on the keyboard that are really close to the edges.

+1 to all of this. I like the Body Glove case but it is maybe a little bigger than I like, the sides stick up pretty far, and are fairly effective at making me intentionally hit the space bar (the Droid X keyboard helps here, a little bigger keys).

I didn't like the silicone case, when the weather (or the phone) was warm, it got a little floppy... looking for something in between the two!?

Upvote 0
Ok so here is a story...

Just letting you know off the bat that I dont have any pics but you will have to take my word for it.

So last week I was playing tennis with my brother in the 90 degree weather with 70% humidity so I was very sweaty to say the least. I had my incredible with me and was taking great care to keep it dry and safe. I don't have a case on it since I was just going to return it for an X but anyways...I get to my car and set my phone on the roof while Im taking my shirt off. I jump in the car and drive home and go around a sharp corner in the parking lot.

After I get home Im wondering where my phone is since I usually have it in one spot and my heart sinks when i realized what I did. So i race back to see the damage and have a tough time finding my phone at first. I get out and find the battery and cover fairly close to each other but the phone is still missing, which is the part im worried about the most. I back my car up a couple feet and realize it was 6 inches away from my tire laying face down on the pavement. I turn it over only to find the glass is fine! All 4 corners are dinged up and the back has a couple scratches as does the screen. But looking at it from a couple feet away you couldn't even tell.

I ran to tell my brother what happened and somehow the phone made it alive dropping 4 feet to the ground off my car at 25 mph...I guess i got very lucky!

So to answer your question, I didn't like having a case because I like naked phones but it depends how careful you are and how much you worry about your phone.

Upvote 0
So I got the silicone cover for my incredible. Fits really well and it's really thin, so doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone as the hard cases do. Only thing is, though, I doubt this will prevent breakage from a good solid drop. Yeah, it'll probably take some of the impact and at least prevent it from scratching, but depending on how hard you drop it and from what height it's not going to help. I like the case because I'm just sick of scratches. I rarely drop my phone and when I do, it's from a foot or two. In the future I might consider a hard case, but I'd have to see it in use before I buy one as the hard case I had for my Eris added too much to the phone for me. Just wanted to get back to you guys and let you know how the case was. Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones