1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How many Optimus S phones have you had?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oncesir, Apr 24, 2011.

1. oncesir

oncesir Newbie

I first got the Opt S back in October/November '10. Since then Ive had several issues varying from Bluetooth connectivity problems to the most recent rebooting itself several times a day requiring a battery pull to turn the phone back on. This most recent issue was again resolved by getting a replacement phone from Sprint (thankfully I have insurance). So now Im on my 3rd "S". How many have you had?

According to the Sprint rep the Optimus is one of the best Android phones that Sprint offers. I agree 100%. I use this phone for so many things and have ALOT of helpful apps that 95% of the time work flawlessly. I figured I'd start this thread to give possible buyers a more long term review of this phone. Overall its stable, cheap, performs well and is reliable considering all that it does. My only desire is a camera w/flash and a bit more internal memory.

Advertisement

star2011 likes this.
  2. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert

We have two. We've had them since December and have had no problems at all. Excellent phone and great value (we got ours free).

star2011 likes this.
  3. Ma}{imus

Ma}{imus Well-Known Member

+1 I also have 2 of these. I had some issues initially, but they were resolved through replacing the garbage SD cards that came with them.

4. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert

OT I know but hello old friend! Haven't seen ya around lately. Hope all is well! Did you see Drew's shoutout to us in your rooting and hacks thread?

5. Ma}{imus

Ma}{imus Well-Known Member

I've been busy with some family things lately and haven't had much free time. Hopefully I'll be able to lurk around the boards a bit more.

6. feigndeaf

feigndeaf Newbie

I got one the week they initially came out and it was a giant pile of steaming doodoo. After they replaced it last month I have had ZERO issues. We just bought another one last week.

7. oncesir

oncesir Newbie

I think this thread I started must have jinxed my luck. Recently the newest Opt S that I just received began rebooting and locking up as well. Opt S number 4 is on its way from Sprint.

Has anyone had any low signal strength battery overheating problems?

8. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

I just loaded my second. The local Sprint replaced the first for a mere thirty-five bucks, knowing it was I that trashed the USB connector... that’s a touchy jack.

9. Ivy547

Ivy547 Newbie

My signal will go completely dead sometimes in places where I generally do have signal, even if it's not full bar. And my phone sometimes overheats too, I usually kill all the apps and let it be, or turn it off and reboot it. Usually works. I've only had this one Optimus since I bought it back in November (knock on wood :p), can't complain, this phone works better than any phone I've had before.

10. NOMster

NOMster Android Enthusiast

11. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

I have 4 for the me, the wife and 2 kids. Bought them in January, a few hours before Sprint implemented the $10/month adder for smartphones so that we'd be grandfathered in at the lower rate. It's definitely the best 3G smartphone Sprint offered, and although it's not the most powerful phone out there, it's plenty good enough for me and my family, and I'd much rather save the $10/month x 4 = $40/month.

star2011 likes this.
  12. dizzle16

dizzle16 Android Enthusiast

I've had mines for 3 months and haven't had a single issue, my observation is it didn't come with a lot of internal memory and yes the camera can be better, but its definitely the most phone you can get at a mid-level range. I was very unhappy with memory and signal until I recently rooted. I'm now running Cyanogenmod 7 and I frickin love this phone. I would look into another model if I were you and this problem persists

13. magicman08

magicman08 Lurker

one, and i love it.

LG Optimus One Forum

The LG Optimus One release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews