• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many people actually use the kickstand?

Upvote 0
Sorry.. I just saw this reply..

Stock alarm app doesnt have a desk clock feature or landscape mode.. (Car mode doesnt quite suit my needs)

Another Sense 4 improvement - removed an excellent feature.

My son stopped by, he got a kickstand case for his phone. The comment? "Dad, I didn't want to say anything, but for two years I thought you were kinda nuts. Now, I can't get over how useful the kickstand is."

lmao!

Upvote 0
Another Sense 4 improvement - removed an excellent feature.

My son stopped by, he got a kickstand case for his phone. The comment? "Dad, I didn't want to say anything, but for two years I thought you were kinda nuts. Now, I can't get over how useful the kickstand is."

lmao!

LOL...You'd think the comments would be vice versa, in most scenarios!...hahaha. I never knew how attached I'd grow to the kickstand, when I first got the EVO. Now, after having the MoPho with the springloaded kickstand, that's one of the big X-factors that has the LTEvo as the current "top choice" for my final 1 year upgrade.

I'm eligible now, but still holding out hope that Motorola has a true successor to the MoPho without the qwerty (another physical attribute that I thought I'd never be able to go without...LOL).

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I love the new kickstand! But I think there's an issue with it when it's closed. Am I the only one that has it popping out a bit if it's lying face up? It seems really lose when closed.

Not at all.. The kickstand should sit completely flush and not be loose when closed.. When open it has about an 8th of an inch of play in it back down before you feel the tension of the spring and I'd ay maybe about a quarter of an inch down it snaps closed

Upvote 0
Not at all.. The kickstand should sit completely flush and not be loose when closed.. When open it has about an 8th of an inch of play in it back down before you feel the tension of the spring and I'd ay maybe about a quarter of an inch down it snaps closed

Dammit... I hope mine doesn't become worse over time. It just seems like a nuisance that it slightly pops open when it's closed. /firstworldproblems

Upvote 0
Dammit... I hope mine doesn't become worse over time. It just seems like a nuisance that it slightly pops open when it's closed. /firstworldproblems

If you take the upper black plastic piece off you can get a better look at the screw/spring holding the kickstand in place...I would take that off and open/ close the kickstand while watching that little screw/spring assembly and see if the screw possibly is loose... I don't however know how much work would be involved in being able to get to the screw to tighten it... But at least then you would know the problem and maybe a sprint repair store would be able to take care of it for you before it got worse..

Upvote 0
If you take the upper black plastic piece off you can get a better look at the screw/spring holding the kickstand in place...I would take that off and open/ close the kickstand while watching that little screw/spring assembly and see if the screw possibly is loose... I don't however know how much work would be involved in being able to get to the screw to tighten it... But at least then you would know the problem and maybe a sprint repair store would be able to take care of it for you before it got worse..

I too have the same issue of a loose kickstand. I did tighten it a bit but it is still loose.

Reactions: 3vodroid
Upvote 0
use mine everyday at lunch break

sure beats the solution I had over the past year an a half after getting rid of the orig evo

3pcs Rubber Ball iStand Stand Holder Bracket For iPhone 3G 4G 5G | eBay

battery life has been great too...rooted running Fresh's latest.

18 hours today and still have 17% left. watched some videos and had a few hours of pandora ...lots of browsing, a few calls. Screen on of 4 hours.

Couldn't be happier. My note chews through about 2 batteries a day just sitting in my pocket

Upvote 0
I used the kickstand on the original evo all the time, and the same on this new evo. I'll never buy another phone unless it has a kickstand. It's a must for me. Best invention since fried chicken.

I can't say I'll "never" by a non-kickstand phone, but the kickstand always plays a factor for me, ever since the 1st EVO. It's one of the many reasons I went with the Photon instead of the 3D.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones