• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Many People Are Gonna Get A Invisible Shield/Ghost Armor For Your Droid?

are you putting protection on your droid?

• Invisible Sheild, Ghost Armor, Etc.

Votes: 110 65.5%
  • Snap On Case, Leather Holster, Etc.

Votes: 41 24.4%
  • Keep It Bare With Nothing On It

Votes: 39 23.2%

• Total voters
I started with the VZW product, which I didn't like b/c it didn't cover the soft keys, There's also two cutouts for the LED and sensor near the upper right cornet, which were catching lint and the corner was also coming loose.

I switched to the ZAGG product, which covers the entire screen. However, it felt slightly sticky and had the orange peel appearance that others have commented on. I tried it for three weeks but decided to try something else. I waited until after the OTA update, played around with the phone, then switched to the clear Boxwave protector which is ...

... a HUGE improvement over the ZAGG product. Scrolling through Contacts is much more precise with the Boxwave protector. Pinch-Zooming in Dolphin Browser is much more responsive. Unless I go through five Boxwave protectors in the next three weeks, I'd never consider going back to the ZAGG product.

BTW--Boxwave covers the entire screen

Upvote 0
I'm sorry. It isn't clear to me if the Zagg full body covers the entire phone or not. Are the painted sides where the camera button is not covered? Thanks.

yeah.. it has shield everywhere except the bezel thingy that has all the buttons. but for what it's worth I bought one and took it off. the screen is basically unscratchable (there's a youtube video). Imho save your money.

Upvote 0
The Droid's screen can't be scratched to begin with - why protect it??

Trust me, I tried using a quarter and keys (the things usually kept in a pocket) and it wouldn't scratch the screen. At most, it left residue of the different metals which wiped right off. I love the DROID!

Untrue, I have 2 minor 1/4" scratches on the top of my screen. Not sure how they got there but my phone is always in my right pocket with nothing else and when not in use is on my desk at work. Pretty odd and it kind of pisses me off as I had an iPhone for 3 years without a screen protector and even an easily scratched plastic touch screen winmo phone and never had a scratch. I could really care less because at the end of the day its just a phone and scratches will happen at some point. I think i may get a screen protector only because of the drag on the glass screen by itself and the fact that fingerprints on the screen should be somewhat reduced with a screen protector.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones