1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How Many People Use The DROID Robot Sound On Their Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DroidPower, Nov 14, 2009.

1. KAL-EL

KAL-EL Well-Known Member

I used to use it for almost all notifications. After a owning the droid for month though, the novelty has worn off a little. I am currently using Star Trek sound effects for email and text. Still have the droid sound for voice mail notifications. is there even a way to change that?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sweetmike

sweetmike Newbie

I use it for my text notification. I think it is cool as it identifies me as a Droid user.:)

3. b3ck3r

b3ck3r Newbie

Ditto

4. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Android Expert

only use it for startup which is then, by default, the sound it makes when mounting the SD card.

5. virtus

virtus Well-Known Member

It was the first thing I changed. I was a bit disappointed that there weren't more traditional ringers to choose from. Most of the other professionals that I run into with droids have their ringers set to that flutey one because it's one of the few that sounds like a phone.

Although... I do keep it for my wifi tethering alert. Whenever someone connects to me it says "drooiid..."

6. flbb2007

flbb2007 Lurker

I use it for E-mail notification. Cool sound. My wife does not agree but oh well.

7. Pheobus

Pheobus Lurker

I use the DROID sound and love it.

8. sergey

sergey Android Enthusiast

I changed it immediately. In fact, I hate the whole "Droid", glowing red eye on start up. It's stupid.

That's like people with iPhones having, "iPhone" or "Think Different" as a ringer.

9. DrOiD 4 LyFe

DrOiD 4 LyFe Lurker

Thanx sooo much. Now I don't feel to bad about no longer having my Moyotola Droid..

10. Jebus

Jebus Member

I used it for my gmail notifications. But I'd just get way to many emails while I was sleeping. It was actually kind of freaky I would hear "DDDRRRRROOOOOIIIDD" about 20-30 times per night and it would actually kind of freak me out.

11. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

I still use it for USB connect and Gmail, changed everything else to notifications/ringtones I made with Ringdroid. I will leave it for USB/Gmail though, gotta have it for something!

12. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Android Enthusiast

I got various R2 jibberish. Some and other droid mechanical sounds..
    sniper rifle firing a round and rechambering.(real nice when it goes off in a silenced ROOM)
    Lots of movie quotes. One cool one I made was from Heros when Hiro says "hellro NewYork" made most with HiFicorder lite.

13. adostrom

adostrom Member

My wife and daughter HATE the Droid sound. So, naturally, I use it whenever they're around because they're both addicted to their BlackBerry messenger crud... I have an MP3 of Arnold saying "I'll Be Back" that I use for text messages, and a dog bark I use for K-9 mail. Actually, it's the same dog bark sound file I've been using for new mail since 1987, or earlier, on my VAX workstations running Xwindows, then Alphas, then PCs, now phones...

14. tlocke95

tlocke95 Lurker

I use it for all notifications. I also like to do a test notification if i seen a iPhone user just to make them look.

15. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Android Expert

Haha! yo i did the same thing while i was in lancaster last month. when it went off, the guy looked at my phone err... robot:D and looked back at his iphone with a look like "why cant you make that sound? i gotta break away from the norm!". no lie.

anyway, i use it for messages and all notifications except Gmail. I have the aol "you've got mail!" guy for gmail and snake's ringtone from metal gear as my ringtone.:cool:

16. popularpaul

popularpaul Lurker

I love the Droid ringtone, but my friends always make fun of it. I changed my text tone to a really cool sound from Super Mario Galaxy that I downloaded off of Zedge. Zegde is so awesome, by the way.

17. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Android Enthusiast

I used it for the first couple of days....but then I just didn't like people going OH IS THAT THE NEW DROID.

18. 3devious

3devious Android Expert

I still just use it for contacts that I know have droids.

19. aeiou

aeiou Well-Known Member

Thanks.....

20. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Android Enthusiast

Mine doesn't make a sound at all when I connect to USB. I don't remember it ever doing so or ever changing it. Which setting controls that sound?

21. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.

I used to use it, but after you hear Drooiiid after so many times, it is like nails on a chalkboard.

22. Eugene

Eugene Android Expert

I left i saying Droid ever since I got it. Shortly after getting it when it would say droid at home my 4 year old woud say droid then my two year old. Work replaced our crappy pagers with blackberries a month later so I recorded my 4 year old saying droid and made it the alert tone.
    Was funny in our weekly team meeting the first time too, "DROID" so my manager would laugh and say "Droid" so then after we got the blackberries and were putting each others pins in our contacts and sending eash other pin messages and m blackberry said "Droid"!.
    Then we were chatting in a group IM at work shortly afterward and everyone was "I made my blackberry alert this song or that song" So I was like I made my blackberry say "Droid", one of the iphone lusers said he was going to do that for his iphone so I typed <droid vioce>Dropped call</droid voice>.

23. Sidious

Sidious Lurker

Mine says "Message" for texts and "e-mail" for e-mail alerts. It's in the same voice as the "Droid".

24. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Whoops! I didn't mean USB, I meant SD card. My bad, sorry about that!

25. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Android Enthusiast

Droid tone for all notifications. The "alert" music from Metal Gear Solid 1 for my ringtone.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews