• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How many waiting for Ultimate DroidX?

turnerw

Jan 6, 2010
SC
Some may know that had a droid 1 like myself that Ultimate Droid was dev for the Droid 1 and released tons of ROMs I happened to notice that he had a section for Droid X Roms coming soon on his site. I asked him on twitter if that was still in the works and this is what he replied with.

ultimatedroid @turnerw yeah its still in the works, trying to get a test build out today if at all possible

So just thought I would spread the news that there appears to be another ROM in the works to choose from for our X. I have no info on it other than that tweet, but just thought I would share the info.

Reactions: Darkfreak232
How many people are waiting for Ultimate Droid X before they flash for the first time?
I am a WM Phone convert. I only ran Mighty Rom on my Touch Pro 2.
Is Ultimate Droid the best/most used ROM for the original Droid?

I didnt even know BD was making a Droid X rom but I am personally not real interested in his work.

Whether his rom is the best D1 rom would depend on who you ask but I think that Cyanogenmod and Bugless Beast were/are the most used roms on the D1.

Upvote 0
I didnt even know BD was making a Droid X rom but I am personally not real interested in his work.

Whether his rom is the best D1 rom would depend on who you ask but I think that Cyanogenmod and Bugless Beast were/are the most used roms on the D1.

BD was looking for DX testers a few weeks ago but thats all I have heard so far. I have to wholeheartedly agree with you about being not too interested though....I am a huge CyanogenMod fanboi :cool:

I make it a point to try anything I can get my hands on and Cyanogenmod was easily my favorite D1 ROM.

GMB

Reactions: tom108
Upvote 0
Gosh, i cannot even imagine someone not being into ultimate droid. Have you guys actually seen it in action? As someone who has tried as many different roms as i can (to see what's out there), Ultimate Droid SMASHES them all. It's not even a close competition IMO. Cyanogenmod and Bugless are AWESOME don't get me wrong, but Ultimate Droid crushes. Tons of extra features, as stable as it gets and he is always updating.

I am on Apex (very clean, very snappy, highly recommended) for the time being while i eagerly await UD for droid x. I have UD on a droid. Although i love Apex, UD makes Apex look very bare, naked and empty.

Like i said, it's hard to beleive someone wouldn't be interested unless they simply haven't checked it out. UD is the absolute best rom out there if you ask me. I would encourage anyone to check it out when it hits the X. You will LOVE it.

...for what it's worth. :)

Upvote 0
Gosh, i cannot even imagine someone not being into ultimate droid. Have you guys actually seen it in action? As someone who has tried as many different roms as i can (to see what's out there), Ultimate Droid SMASHES them all. It's not even a close competition IMO. Cyanogenmod and Bugless are AWESOME don't get me wrong, but Ultimate Droid crushes. Tons of extra features, as stable as it gets and he is always updating.

I am on Apex for the time being while i eagerly await UD for droid x. I have UD on a droid. Although i love Apex, UD makes Apex look very bare, naked and empty.

Like i said, it's hard to beleive someone wouldn't be interested unless they simply haven't checked it out. UD is the absolute best rom out there if you ask me. I would encourage anyone to check it out when it hits the X. You will LOVE it.

...for what it's worth. :)

Not being interested has a lot more to do with BD's history and roots than it does with the ROM in it's current offerings. ;)

We will just leave it at that....

GMB

Reactions: tom108
Upvote 0
AH! Got it. Say no more. I am new to the Android community, but i am a pretty hard core tech guy coming from Windows Mobile - i got to know a number of devs and regardless of their contribution, in some cases it boiled down to principle. It's a pretty crazy and competitive scene and i have seen a lot of drama unfold based on who's tweak was who's. It can get pretty nasty - understandably so! I think i will do some research before giving another endorsement! LoL. Seriously, some things matter. Sounds like i need a brief history lesson.

Thanks! good to know.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
I haven't seen anything posted so far in this forum about Ultimate Droid so I just want to pass along some good news! An early alpha was released to a closed testing group yesterday. The rom is not yet a daily rom but it is already phenomenal! It is blazing fast and aside from the bugs that the developer stated it runs very well. It also has the full suite of Ultimate Droid customization settings included. I don't know exactly when the final release will be ready but I can say that it is very close.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones