• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Many Will be "FURIOUS" if Verizon doesn't get the equivilent?

SoCalMiles

Oct 31, 2009
Oceanside, CA
I don't know if Verizon is just doing a great job not letting info leak (with my past experience with my BB this is not the case) about their Q1 2010 line-up but to me it's looking less and less like us Big Red V guys are gonna get any "2010 technology/Snapdragon" love this year. I don't understand with all the info coming out about the "Passion" being the "Nexus One" we haven't heard 1 thing about a cdma equivalent or even a new HTC device for us. All we have gotten is an outdated "Hero" phone with a fancy name and a $#!**^ battery!! It really makes no sense to me but if Verizon doesn't get a phone that can compete with the iPhone or now the "Nexus One", I swear I'm REALLY GONNA CONSIDER LEAVING. Or knocking my phone down to some corny flip phone, grabbing the cheapest plan...and just grabbing the newest iTouch or Zune or something. I hear "The Droid" this and "The Droid" that...well I hate to break it to you...That phone is now dated as well (not to mention ugly and the keyboard I won't even start on! )This to me will be the last straw by Verizon. :mad::mad::mad:

The heck? You guys get the Droid and Eris and want MORE? What do we have over at Sprint here? The Hero? That's it? Pfft...Greedy...

Just kidding of course :D

You guys got the Hero way before we got the Droid Eris which is the exact same phone which is now over a year old now...and the Droid and its keyboard are ugly...NEXT!

Upvote 0
I feel ya man. I got the Droid, had it for about a week then took it back and reactivated my Storm 1. Only because I thought that I would be getting something better in either Dec or early Jan. I also don't understand why if Verizon has a partnership with Google they wouldn't be getting something good. On top of that, WHY IN GODS NAME, would they give ANOTHER cutting edge phone to ATT? So yes I will be SO furious if Verizon lets another good thing slip through their fingers. I liked the Droid, but after seeing whats to come, I really dont want to go back to it!

Upvote 0
Yeah I bit the flame bait.

I don't know if Verizon is just doing a great job not letting info leak

All we have gotten is an outdated "Hero" phone with a fancy name

Are you confused ? The Hero is on the Sprint network. Verizon has the Eris and Droid. T-mo has the G1 (great one) and the Touch.

Hero" phone with a fancy name and a $#!**^ battery!

If you do some research you would learn how to get better battery life. Remember its a smart phone and it takes alot of power just to light the screen.

It really makes no sense to me but if Verizon doesn't get a phone that can compete with the iPhone or now the "Nexus One", I swear I'm REALLY GONNA CONSIDER LEAVING.

Well if your looking for a device that can "compete" with the iPhone, I dont think any Android phone will do that. I do beleave when the Android system is 3 or 4 years old it will make Apple look like Gateway. Andoid is still new give it time and see what happens. I dont think Verizon will be to upset if you go over to AT&T.

This to me will be the last straw by Verizon. :mad::mad::mad:

I dont think Verizon will be to upset if you go over to AT&T.

Go ahead and tell me how bad your phone is, how we should all feel so bad for you, what your phone company should do just for you and how bad you want to be a sheep and follow Apple.

No one cares but you. All Android devices are still basicly beta devices. Thats why we get updates so often. If they were totaly ready for consumers, updates would be further apart. This is all new tech. and is still a learning curve for most. Just look up widgets in the Market and read the comments. Most people cant even put a widget on their device without help.

Thanks for the humor this morning.

Time to go to AT&T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Ok, First, before I tear what you said apart, let me say that your condescending attitude is greatly unappreciated in my thread that people are obviously agreeing with!

Are you confused ? The Hero is on the Sprint network. Verizon has the Eris and Droid.
SAME HARDWARE! HIT THE GOOGLE BUTTON!!

Well if your looking for a device that can "compete" with the iPhone, I dont think any Android phone will do that. I do beleave when the Android system is 3 or 4 years old it will make Apple look like Gateway. Andoid is still new give it time and see what happens. I dont think Verizon will be to upset if you go over to AT&T.

Android is the only OS that remotely has a chance to compete with the iPhone OS, regardless of how many years off YOU think it is! HIT THE GOOGLE BUTTON!!

I dont think Verizon will be to upset if you go over to AT&T.

Go ahead and tell me how bad your phone is, how we should all feel so bad for you, what your phone company should do just for you and how bad you want to be a sheep and follow Apple.

No one cares but you. All Android devices are still basicly beta devices. Thats why we get updates so often. If they were totaly ready for consumers, updates would be further apart. This is all new tech. and is still a learning curve for most. Just look up widgets in the Market and read the comments. Most people cant even put a widget on their device without help.

BLAH BLAH BLAH HIPPITY HIPPITY BLAH. If you'd open your eyes you'd see that to the left there...I DON"T EVEN OWN AN ANDROID SET YET!! I'm waiting for Verizon to get an Android set worth grabbing and I'm definitely far from an Apple fanboy.

Next time you wanna start flaming someone make sure that you at least are on the same page as them. Your post is first way off and then terribly condescending!!

Upvote 0
OK, First, before I tear what you said apart, let me say that your condescending attitude is greatly unappreciated in my thread that people are obviously agreeing with!

Was not meant to be condescending, just meant to be honest. Its very sad that people get on here everyday complaining about the phone they bought or the phone their phone company doesn't have.

Verizon has the Droid and Eris, Sprint has the Hero, T-Mobile has the Touch and G1. There are plenty of good if not great Android devices to choose from. All of them have internal storage issues, they all have battery issues and smaller issues.

All of the issues can be fixed, with small tweaks to the phone. There is nothing wrong with the Android system, people just need to learn to customize their phones to fit their needs.

SAME HARDWARE!

So the Droid, Eris, Hero, Touch and G1 all have the same hardware ?
Maybe you should hit the "Google Button". I know for a fact that my G1 does not have the same hardware as any of the other devices. I am about 95% sure that the Touch does not have the same hardware as the others. I could be wrong but they are not the same phones.

Android is the only OS that remotely has a chance to compete with the iPhone OS, regardless of how many years off YOU think it is!
Please reread what I said.
Well if your looking for a device that can "compete" with the iPhone, I don't think any Android phone will do that. I do believe when the Android system is 3 or 4 years old it will make Apple look like Gateway. Android is still new give it time and see what happens.
Right now no Android device can compete with the iPhone. Its been out to long and has to man sheep following it. However within the next couple of years that should change. I think that Apple will be eventually be knocked off its pedestal.

If you'd open your eyes you'd see that to the left there...I DON"T EVEN OWN AN ANDROID SET YET!! I'm waiting for Verizon to get an Android set worth grabbing

If you dont own and Android devices, how can you judge it so harshly ?
You posted a thread about how bad the Verizon Android device are with out having one ? I tried not to call you out on that fact but you brought it up.

Next time you wanna start flaming someone make sure that you at least are on the same page as them. Your post is first way off and then terribly condescending!!

I am on the same page. You are complaining about something you dont even own. I understand some of your fustration, but come on try it before you hate it.

Once again I did not intend on being condescending just being honest and straight forward.

Upvote 0
The reason Verizon users are upset is because we have this great network and crap phones. It just feels like every second-rate (joke) carrier out there has been getting great phones for years except us.

So we get the Moto Droid, sure it's a great phone, but almost immediately after its release we hear about this great new phone (passion) in the works. So we patiently bide our time, hoping Verizon picks it up. Now we're getting reports that it's the Google phone and it's GSM.

So Verizon has the "Hot new droid phone" for a total of 1 1/2 months.... wup-tee-doo. :mad:

Upvote 0
Hey SoCal, who would you go to? AT&T? I just came from the iPhone and AT&T and let me tell you something honestly. Nothing beats the service of Verizon. I had the Bold, Every iPhone and many others and let me tell you, no matter how frustrated you are at the lack of functionality and speed of development of the "coolness" of phones on Verizon, I would take them all in a heartbreat over the frustration of having multiple daily dropped calls. Dont do it man. I am frustrated too. I dont particularly like the droid, but I will wait for whatever the next six months bring in the Android OS. Trust me when I tell you that you will be more frustrated by the seriously weak AT&T service and dropped calls then the cutting edge technology.

I am sticking with Verizon. My 2 cents.

Ruby

Upvote 0
The reason Verizon users are upset is because we have this great network and crap phones. It just feels like every second-rate (joke) carrier out there has been getting great phones for years except us.

So we get the Moto Droid, sure it's a great phone, but almost immediately after its release we hear about this great new phone (passion) in the works. So we patiently bide our time, hoping Verizon picks it up. Now we're getting reports that it's the Google phone and it's GSM.

So Verizon has the "Hot new droid phone" for a total of 1 1/2 months.... wup-tee-doo. :mad:

+1 Phydeaux. That's what I'm thinking

Upvote 0
Hey SoCal, who would you go to? AT&T? I just came from the iPhone and AT&T and let me tell you something honestly. Nothing beats the service of Verizon. I had the Bold, Every iPhone and many others and let me tell you, no matter how frustrated you are at the lack of functionality and speed of development of the "coolness" of phones on Verizon, I would take them all in a heartbreat over the frustration of having multiple daily dropped calls. Dont do it man. I am frustrated too. I dont particularly like the droid, but I will wait for whatever the next six months bring in the Android OS. Trust me when I tell you that you will be more frustrated by the seriously weak AT&T service and dropped calls then the cutting edge technology.

I am sticking with Verizon. My 2 cents.

Ruby

I know, its like I'm locked in. My Family, friends, all Verizon...the only thing I can do is sit here and wait!

Upvote 0
I don't know if Verizon is just doing a great job not letting info leak (with my past experience with my BB this is not the case) about their Q1 2010 line-up but to me it's looking less and less like us Big Red V guys are gonna get any "2010 technology/Snapdragon" love this year. I don't understand with all the info coming out about the "Passion" being the "Nexus One" we haven't heard 1 thing about a cdma equivalent or even a new HTC device for us. All we have gotten is an outdated "Hero" phone with a fancy name and a $#!**^ battery!! It really makes no sense to me but if Verizon doesn't get a phone that can compete with the iPhone or now the "Nexus One", I swear I'm REALLY GONNA CONSIDER LEAVING. Or knocking my phone down to some corny flip phone, grabbing the cheapest plan...and just grabbing the newest iTouch or Zune or something. I hear "The Droid" this and "The Droid" that...well I hate to break it to you...That phone is now dated as well (not to mention ugly and the keyboard I won't even start on! )This to me will be the last straw by Verizon. :mad::mad::mad:

Dude, chill. Just because Google gets a new developer device everyone goes batshit insane. At the very worst Verizon is getting a CDMA variant of the HTC Bravo (aka PassionC). So there hasn't been official word, yippee. Its not as if the "Nexus One" passed the FCC (which to me means its not a consumer device). Verizon is still (going by their timeline) on the Droid Launch Campaign and will be till the 26th. Most likely you wont hear anything official till the first of the year. Most people at Verizon seem busy with holiday shoppers (40 minute wait at my local store to talk to someone) and HTC is busy with updates to the Hero line and getting Sense set for Android 2.0.

Upvote 0
Dude, chill. Just because Google gets a new developer device everyone goes batshit insane. At the very worst Verizon is getting a CDMA variant of the HTC Bravo (aka PassionC). So there hasn't been official word, yippee. Its not as if the "Nexus One" passed the FCC (which to me means its not a consumer device). Verizon is still (going by their timeline) on the Droid Launch Campaign and will be till the 26th. Most likely you wont hear anything official till the first of the year. Most people at Verizon seem busy with holiday shoppers (40 minute wait at my local store to talk to someone) and HTC is busy with updates to the Hero line and getting Sense set for Android 2.0.

I hope, I've been on Verizon for a long time and each year or 2 I get the most expensive/cutting edge phone in the store and everytime it can't compare with the so called "second rate" carriers! This year, hopefully that changes!

Upvote 0
+1 SoCal
I have been doing the same thing that you have been doing. And since the iPhone came out, I have been waiting for Verizon to get the iPhone killer. I just think its our turn!

+ another. I have also been with Verizon for a long time because of the coverage. I also keep waiting for a really excellent tech superior phone. I'm still waiting and getting tired of it. Hopefully this time we are in for a surprise. I tried the Droid ( to replace my Dare )but it felt like an old " brick" phone.My last Moto was a Q and I hated it. I'll give "V" until March and see what happens.

Upvote 0
I love how everyone is crying like babies. First of all, don't be mad that the Droid (which I'm typing this on as we speak by the way) isn't the second coming of christ. Second of all, WELCOME TO TECHNOLOGY!! That's how it works, something new and cool is released, and then a month later something else comes along and makes it inferior. If you live your life always wanting the newest and greatest, you won't ever be happy. The Droid is a VERY capable device (especially compared to the shit festival that is the BB Storm). It has its negatives, just as any device does. Personally, I'm extremely happy with the Droid, even the keyboard after I got used to it.

Upvote 0
There's no pleasing you guys, is there? How about AT&T, which has yet to receive an Android phone, and probably won't till 2011 due to the constant bashing they've done the past month. Or T-Mobile, who's flagship Android handset is the out-dated myTouch 3G?

Sprint and Verizon have been getting the Android love the past few months. It's time for another T-Mobile Android phone. I know you picky and whiny Verizon people want another Android device to match up with the Droid and Droid Eris, but you can't have them all. I'm sure Google owes a bit of gratitude towards T-Mobile since they released the first Android phone.

Upvote 0
I love how everyone is crying like babies. First of all, don't be mad that the Droid (which I'm typing this on as we speak by the way) isn't the second coming of christ. Second of all, WELCOME TO TECHNOLOGY!! That's how it works, something new and cool is released, and then a month later something else comes along and makes it inferior. If you live your life always wanting the newest and greatest, you won't ever be happy. The Droid is a VERY capable device (especially compared to the shit festival that is the BB Storm). It has its negatives, just as any device does. Personally, I'm extremely happy with the Droid, even the keyboard after I got used to it.

First of all, I'm not disagreeing with you. I actually agree with you completely. However, I think what the real issue is here with everyone in this thread and maybe most Verizon users, is that the iPhone came out on AT&T and a month later, two months later, a year later, two years later there is STILL nothing of it's equivalent on the best network in the U.S., Verizon. Which we're all on. I'm patient and can wait for whatever incredible new phone Verizon is going to get in January, lord willing, but I can totally understand the frustration in this thread.

We all got our hopes up and now it seems like we've been hoping for nothing. Well, there's really no reason to be upset or to give up. Just because this latest news broke doesn't mean some GREAT Verizon news isn't going to break tomorrow. You know how these forums are and how Engadget is. Something new pops up all the time.

So, yeah...it's just kinda ridiculous that no one has made a phone equivalent to the iPhone or even better than it yet, and it's been years now since it was released originally. I think that's the frustration. Anyways, hopefully very soon HTC and Google are going to give us the phone we've all been waiting on, and not just since we've heard rumors of the "Passion", but since the iPhone was released years ago. This next month is going to be hard to wait through, but it's only 4 weeks. We can do it. If nothing comes out by then and we don't hear any new rumors or any really solid facts on a killer phone coming to Verizon by then, well...THEN we have the right to be upset! And trust me, I will be right there with you!

Upvote 0
^Well put. Someone buy this fellow a beer.
cheers.gif

Upvote 0
LOL its starting to look like we could ALL use a few beers! Calm the nerves. Like NashDroid said "its only 4 weeks away".

p.s I love beer!

You guys come to Nashville and we'll all meet up and we'll all drink free all night. I'm a musician here in town and me and my friends NEVER pay for alcohol at bars. I'm, of course, assuming that you are all of drinking age. haha I'll be 28 at midnight tonight. So, yeah...I may have a hard time reading this forum tomorrow morning.

Seriously though...this waiting game is frustrating. Especially knowing how amazing Verizon's network is. It's not just Verizon fanboy talk. I seriously have been on AT&T Wireless (before it turned into Cingular), then I was on Cingular, then I switch to Altell (which was my first CDMA network experience) and it was great because the call quality and sound quality of the voice service on a CDMA network was night and day to Cingular and GSM quality. Then, because Altell was so new in Oklahoma at the time, it was very unreliable and I switched back over to Cingular. After moving to Nashville four years ago I had to switch carriers. So, I switched to Verizon, and just being COMPLETELY HONEST...it is the best service I had ever had, hands down. Sure, we don't have an iPhone and we have a bunch of SWEET HTC phones that all have Windows Mobile on them, which is just a shame. But we have an amazing network. I have friends on AT&T who have all have the iPhone 3GS and it's seriously a trade-out. Great phone/extremely unreliable network. I'm not saying AT&T is horrible everywhere, but it is very unreliable here in Nashville from what my friends say. That much talk about it being that bad from that many people, well...there has to be some validity to it.

So, what I'm getting at, is that it sucks, but I'd honestly rather have my old Motorola Razr and be on the best network than have a sweet iPhone and have an unreliable service provider. By the way, if you ever switch back and forth from CDMA to GSM, you will notice the difference in call quality alone. It's unbelievable how crystal clear voice sounds on a CDMA network. OK...there's my two cents.

Beers for everyone! Relax and wait. I believe Verizon is going to come through for us.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones