• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

^^how many X users are about to move on to newer devices^^

i dont think the iphone is bad, nor the ipad, i just prefer android over apple ios. i would own an apple product as i have before, but my preference is with android

Understandable.

What makes IOS so great is also what makes it annoying. It is locked down; it is much less vulnerable to problems than Android. But the price of that is more limits on what it can be coaxed to do.

Having both is a useful solution :)

Upvote 0
Sorry for this being a little off topic. So for you guys upgrading your X it making you changed your data plan to tiered? I was looking at using my upgrade to get my mom an Iphone but it makes me change my data plan. Any idea?

if your currently at unlimited data you should be able to stay unlimited. However if your wanting to add a line that may be why your getting asked to select a data plan.

Upvote 0
In my opinion (sorry, I haven't sunken down to using abbreviations yet), I would much rather get the Galaxy Nexus than one of the quad cores released this year. Everyone knows the premiere technology released is more than plagued with bugs. It takes at least a solid half of a year after the technology is released to finally start producing reliable phones with the new technology.

Because I and other people are getting the Galaxy Nexus, we're getting a product at the end of the dual core age, which means it should be a flawless (or close to) dual core (being the technology has been out for about a year now).

Upvote 0
Sorry for this being a little off topic. So for you guys upgrading your X it making you changed your data plan to tiered? I was looking at using my upgrade to get my mom an Iphone but it makes me change my data plan. Any idea?

The only way you can keep your unlimited data (assuming you're on Verizon) is if you are upgrading a smartphone to another smartphone. If you are upgrading your Droid X to an iPhone, you should be able to keep your unlimited data plan. I literally just went through this yesterday morning, when upgrading my Droid X to a Galaxy Nexus.

Also, if you upgrade your 3G phone to 4G, I believe you are eligible for a $100 discount! I personally didn't get it, because I was upgrading before my 24 month contract was up, but I feel it's worth it.

Upvote 0
The only way you can keep your unlimited data (assuming you're on Verizon) is if you are upgrading a smartphone to another smartphone. If you are upgrading your Droid X to an iPhone, you should be able to keep your unlimited data plan. I literally just went through this yesterday morning, when upgrading my Droid X to a Galaxy Nexus.

Also, if you upgrade your 3G phone to 4G, I believe you are eligible for a $100 discount! I personally didn't get it, because I was upgrading before my 24 month contract was up, but I feel it's worth it.

Sorry about the typo's in my previous message! Thank you for the reply and the excellent response from everyone that helped. I was able to figure it out. When you add the phone to your cart it will come up with message on top that says this phone is not compatible with your current data plan. You must select a new plan, But at the bottom it says if you change plans you cant go back. Your unlimited is still there and selected. So to keep it simple just don't click anything else and move to the next page and your fine. I was looking at upgrading to the iphone for my mom but she isnt sure about the data package and monthly fee when we add it to her line. So I will probaly just wait till the new 5 comes out and see what she wants to do then. Thanks everyone!

Upvote 0
I'll be waiting until there is a solid reason to move away from the X. What that means for me is a solid quad-core that doesn't kill battery life, over 1080p OLED screen or 250+ppi display. Thin, but removable back cover for internals and battery pulls/replacements. 1080p video at 60 FPS. 64GB internal memory + SD card. 4G+ network. Front facing HD camera. No tactile buttons, but full screen utilization like the Gnex. It has to be durable (gorilla glass/metal...no kevlar marketing bs)

It would also be really cool to have a 16:10 phone with a bezel so dark that you can't barely notice HD content in 16:9

Most of all, no phone with a physical form factor over 5" diagonally. I think that a 4.7" screen is max I am comfortable with.

NO LOCKED BOOTLOADER (so no more moto phones for me)
ROM support that has a solid dev community behind it.

Might sound like a lot, but I expect that most of these features will be standard by end of 2013.

Upvote 0
Just upgraded last week to the Motorola droid Razr Maxx and man is it really nice! My 2 year contract was up with the droid X so I decided to upgrade and went with the Razr Maxx. It has phenomenal battery live, way better then even the X with after market upgraded battery! Seriously I can listen to music all day on this thing play some games of angry bird on it surf the web, and at the end of the day have anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 battery life still. This would of left my X dead on the floor lol. its very quick and responsive and so far have had 0 problems. :D

Upvote 0
thats the beauty of motorola devices, they are built right.

I have owned 2 types of phones, Moto and Samsung. And everytime I had a Samsung I have wanted something else. But the Motos rock! From my original Nextel i850 to the X.

And can we have a moment of silence for Nextel, they were once the best service provider, then Sprint bought them out and drove them into the ground.

Upvote 0
I'll be waiting until there is a solid reason to move away from the X. What that means for me is a solid quad-core that doesn't kill battery life, over 1080p OLED screen or 250+ppi display. Thin, but removable back cover for internals and battery pulls/replacements. 1080p video at 60 FPS. 64GB internal memory + SD card. 4G+ network. Front facing HD camera. No tactile buttons, but full screen utilization like the Gnex. It has to be durable (gorilla glass/metal...no kevlar marketing bs)

It would also be really cool to have a 16:10 phone with a bezel so dark that you can't barely notice HD content in 16:9

Most of all, no phone with a physical form factor over 5" diagonally. I think that a 4.7" screen is max I am comfortable with.

NO LOCKED BOOTLOADER (so no more moto phones for me)
ROM support that has a solid dev community behind it.

Might sound like a lot, but I expect that most of these features will be standard by end of 2013.

WOOHOO! SIGN ME UP FOR THIS PHONE! :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones