1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How move app to SD card

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I have a Galaxy S2 (gt-I9100) running Android 4.1.2.

I have an empty SD card and a full phone. EVERY single time I press the "move to SD card" button in the application manager it says "Unable to move app".

This happens for every single app, including the crap ones which have no business being run from my scarce phone memory and I never use anyway. Why give me the option of a button to press which does nothing?! It's incredibly irritating. I have 8.8GB free on my SD card, and barely 200MB of device memory.

Additionally, most of my phone space is being wasted by rubbish I have no interest in but can't seem to move or remove (google+ 43MB, Google Search 39MB, Google Play Newstand 16MB, Google text to speech engine 17MB etc etc etc).

This crap is killing my phone, and I want it deleted. GONE. Other stuff, Shazam for instance, should be able to be moved to the SD, but it refuses to do so.

Advertisement

2. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2011
    business owner
    SoCal
    Not much you can do. That feature was removed in Android 4.0 and 4.1, then reinstated in 4.2. You'll have to either upgrade the OS or root your phone to get that capability.