1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How move smses,contacts,WhatsApp and other?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Borneq, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Borneq

Borneq Lurker

IN my S6 Edge+ is old battery. I want change to other Samsung but I consider also Huawey or Oppo. Moving contacts to other Samsung ,I think, will not cause problems, but how to move all to other smartphone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you can use things like sms backup, use google contacts to backup your contacts or you export your contacts to the sd card from with the contact's settings. and whatsapp i think is saved on the server, but i'm not sure really as i very rarely use it.

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

WhatsApp isn't saved on the server, but it does a nightly backup and can be set to do a scheduled backup to Drive if you want. If you copy the WhatsApp folders to your new phone you should just be able to restore them there, or there's a way of restoring from the Drive backup.

It may be that some phone transfer apps will handle this for you as well. I did all of this 3 years ago but can't remember which method I used.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus release date was August 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

August 2015
Release Date
Reviews