• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much battery should Android use?

frusciante54

Oct 7, 2016
I've always seen people complaining about Android OS and Android System using too much battery. Don't get me wrong, I am one of them. In a %100 battery usage, Android OS + Android System is usually around %25 percent. Whereas the screen is around %40. The rest is app usage and such. I still feel like Android is using too much battery.

And that's the question I would like to ask. In a normal state, how much should the Android OS and the Android System use? %25 seems a lot to me. I mean what could it be doing in the background? If it was after an update or something, I would get it. But it's always like that. I think in my previous phone, which was Jelly Bean, it was way less. Does it start to consume more and more after each update?

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones