• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much data are we actually allowed to use?

I at my peak used 200+GB in a single month (Downloading/uninstalling over and over again game from play store) on my Boost Galaxy S3 which was September of last year to test if it was truly unlimited. I guess I can't feel too bad for the throttle they have hit me with after thoroughly abusing their system!

Upvote 0
I rooted and installed liquid smooth ROM and I hit my 2.5 G weeks ago , and I still run my tether and run Netflix and everything daily, don't really notice the difference, I don't know if its because my phn says sprint now or if it has anything to do with the boost zone and everything is gone off my phn, I didn't receive any data usage messages or anything, is it coincident or have I found a way around getting cutt at 2.5 G?

Upvote 0
i do not think so about being rooted. i was rooted they started throttling me last november. so i switched. it could be something to do with your phone saying sprint (does not make sense though).
also after 2.5 GB they don't cut you off just speed throttle during peak hours.

Peek hours. What do you mean? Just during the day?

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I can't check it out anymore as i switched but before I did I noticed that they may have a daily limit of 1100 mb of data. Then you get throttled. At least I was. I checked the same on metro, its like 1300 mb per day. So they are comparable.

That's still a lot if we were to get there every day. On WiFi its nothing. Be eaten up by me in about an hour.

Upvote 0
I had used well over 200gb in a month close to a a year ago just to test limits. Well I deserved to be throttled and definitely was. I'm now with sprint and the newer phones and the no throttling have made it worth the additional costs. I take responsibility for abusing Boost but was very impressed with them. The sprint use of verizon for talking in bad areas though is another nice benefit. I set up my fiancee with the boost max phone though and she has loved the service and cost of it compared to the high cost Verizon service she had

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones