• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how much data do you use?

last month i used 24gb of bandwidth but this month is a kicker, i'm up to 38gb atm, and still 9 days to go lol, I blame watching the world cup matches and oh yeah i downloaded a 7 gb dvd the other day lol oopsi... but needed it and didnt have it with me...

Anyways, my avg is around 20gb a month, i've been with Verizon for 3 years now and they have never said anything, i use my phone to upload and download websites i'm working on whilst out and about to.

I've even asked CSR's in the past if i'm using to much, and they always turn around and so nope, your in the unlimited plan, enjoy your self.

Upvote 0
Those seem VERY high... Even a buddy of mine that has watched soccer all month has not got that high. Good luck when the tiered data plans hit later this year. They are talking additional charges for anything over 2gb.

I'm normally around 500mb to 1gb.

What can I say, its my main internet connection living on my boat :p so i use it alot :)

Upvote 0
I'm calling BS. You'd have to be constantly recharging your phone and really watching a lot of streaming video (like hours a day) to get up to 20gb a month.

It's just very very unlikely. There's few other activities that could amount to that much because other activities either use much smaller streams, like music, or they would take up too much space on your phone or otherwise be pointless for a mobile device.

Upvote 0
I'm calling BS. You'd have to be constantly recharging your phone and really watching a lot of streaming video (like hours a day) to get up to 20gb a month.

It's just very very unlikely. There's few other activities that could amount to that much because other activities either use much smaller streams, like music, or they would take up too much space on your phone or otherwise be pointless for a mobile device.

You obviously haven't seen my other posts around huh, ask grandmaster B and others, better yet ill screen my usage for you give me a sec...

*edit* just for Adamx

datay.png

new months starts on the 12th each month...

Upvote 0
I just downloaded 3g watchdog, going to see if ill survive the tiered data plans!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

If you already have your account at where you want it, and you don't change things by the time they release the data plan, you will most likely be grandfathered in, So every CSR/Tech I have spoke to tells me. Not that I believe CSR's but you signed a contract so I'm pretty sure they have to stick to it, at least until your contract renews.

BTW updated my above post for you Adamx :) Do you call BS now?

Upvote 0
I just downloaded 3g watchdog, going to see if ill survive the tiered data plans!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

pretty sure if you already have a plan you'll be fine, verizon will probably grandfather existing users in just like ATT did (if they even go to tiers for 3g).

haven't they said they're doing tiered data on 4g, NOT 3g?

Upvote 0
except for the fact that wireless is a better connection in most cases. Always nicer to be on wifi, plus the consensus as far as I know is that its easier on the battery than 3G connection.

3G connection is fine for me, I'm not picky.

If I cared about battery life, then I definitely wouldn't have bought the Incredible.

I'm paying for it, so I'm going to put it to good use.

Upvote 0
I've used between 3-5GB so far. Thats download 1-2 hours of video per night for one week. Been on wifi the rest of the time.

Just moved over from the iPhone and AT&T. Wasn't possible to use that much data on AT&T because coverage is so slow and most of the country is EDGE only (slow).

Verizon is so fast that sometimes I don't realize I've switched WiFi off.

I don't mind data caps as long as they're reasonable. I think 5GB is reasonable with a relatively low charge after that.

Upvote 0
I'm 12 days into this billing cycle and I'm at 473mb. I'm always on WiFi at home and I have WiFi at work. Since I don't stream Pandora in my car or anything I think this is appropriate. I might benefit from a $25 2GB plan like AT&T has by saving $5 per month simply because I'm on WiFi very often. If I could check all the data that has been used by this phone through WiFi and 3G, it would be well over 10GBs per month most likely.

Upvote 0
Anybody having problems with with the phone rebooting when downloading large files?

When I try to download my typical 500MB file using 3G, maybe 40% of the time, the phone reboots and I have to try and download again. I end up using way more data than I intended.

This is the most annoying buy I've found on the Incredible. I hope they fix it.

I borrowed an HTC EVO for a week and it did the same thing over Sprint's 3G network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones