• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how much did u pay for your epic touch

I paid the $199, which came out to $236. ouch. I knew my folks were ready to upgrade all of the phones and I had been looking into this one, so I knew what I wanted. Then they called me up Friday night saying "we have customer service calling us back for a three way call to get new phones in 10 min. You know what you want right?" Didnt have the time to look up a better deal, but I still think it will be worth it. I say will because it just came in the mail and is on its first charge.

Upvote 0
Craigslist E4GT $300 new
Sold Evo 4G $225 to boost customer

Like some said already will use upgrade on next gen phone (GNex, Note, HTC OneX, GS3) IF they will come with dual 4G radios LTE + WiMax. Otherwise, will wait until LTE reaches my area (SoCal 2013?)

Question: It seems E4GT will be the latest gen WiMax device, but does anyone know if the devices mentioned above will have dual radios with LTE + WiMax capability? It just doesn't make sense to leave 99% of the population out when LTE rolls out and only 1% can use the LTE phones.

Upvote 0
In a way Sprint paid me 60 bucks to get the phone.

They overcharged me 30 bucks plus I broke the screen on my EVO around the same time. I waged a phone battle for two days with their phone techs till one of their supervisors gave in and asked the golden question - what do you want?

I told him I wasn't paying a hundred dollar deductable on a phone that was on an EOL list. I told him I wanted my 30 bucks back and they needed to save a ten year customer from leaving. He gave me my next bill off. (Which amounts to close to 90 bucks) gave me the 30 dollar credit, waved the new device activation, best buy gave me a 50 dollar gift card which I used towards the purchase and I sold the broken EVO to a reseller for almost 90 bucks. (They only want the mono and could care less about the screen)......

I only had to resign a new contract which is no biggie since I've been with sprint 10 years and I'm always pulling shit like this off. One rep I spoke with about a year ago told me sprint had given me close to 700 dollars in re-embursments or product in the last two years.

It pays to not only bitch but know how to bitch and talk to someone. A bit of social engineering if you will....

Upvote 0
radioshack has it for 100, but they also have a trade in program... traded in my wildfire and paid $35
out of pocket... best deal out there!

Do they have it for $100 now? it's not in the current ad, last I saw it was higher. I also need to go in store and find out if they are giving anything on a moment trade-in, the online forms for radioshack and best buy are giving it a zero value, kind of tells you something about the phone. I know at one point they were giving a guaranteed $50 for trade in towards the epic 4g touch, but I think that ended.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones