1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How much do you care about haptic feedback?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by davemackron, Jan 13, 2020.

1. davemackron

davemackron Lurker

Personally, a good vibration motor is very important to me, but I feel like I might be in the minority. When I used an LG v10, the haptics were pretty good, but when I upgraded to a OnePlus 5t, the haptics were so ridiculously bad that I disable touch feedback in the device. After recently getting a OnePlus 7 pro, I'd say that the great haptic motor is my second favorite feature, right below the screen.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Expert

I care like A LOT!, I second you..

3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

I tend to rely on haptic feedback a lot too. With sound disabled in a lot of public situations, having that quiet buzz for notifications is a big plus.

4. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, davemackron! :)

Personally, I rely on a combination of feedback when typing on my Android devices; here's how I have my keyboard set:

Screenshot_20200113-121327.png

On a regular keyboard--the physical kind, on a computer--I'm an extremely fast and accurate touch typist. On a tiny, virtual keyboard...not so much! :eek: I need all the help I can get to make sure I'm hitting the right keys.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It's the very first thing I turn off (well, that and keypad tones, but they get turned-off at the same time).

Seriously, I have never found it in the least bit helpful: telling when I've pressed a virtual key has never been a problem, and there's no way in which it helps me hit the right one, so for me it's just an annoyance, nothing else.

Now I like a nice strong vibration motor for silent notifications (which I use a lot), and actually have the phone set to vibrate for notifications whether silent or not (as I can often feel it before I hear it when outdoors/in noisy conditions and the phone is buried deep in a pocket). But haptic feedback on screen interactions is something I genuinely dislike.

PitCarver and Milo Willamson like this.
  6. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

Same here, I do not like the feed back either, I am an excellent virtual keyboarder typer, but preperitly a keyboard by my tablet or comp. I just do not like the feed back,

PitCarver likes this.