• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how much do you love you 8mp camera

You have to allow the autofocus to work, mine has an audio cue for this and the hardware key allows for a half press to focus or a full hard press to focus and take the shot. The shot sound is different to the auto focus sound, so unless you get both you won't have actually taken a picture only bleeped to confirm focus.

As for darkness, try upping the white balance its the +/- symbol on screen this makes a huge difference to shots in lower light.

Upvote 0
I think the Camera is bit overated myself. Good for a cell phone, but the iPhone 4 pictures are typically better - likely due to the lense/sensor. I've seen some HTC/Motorola 8MP pics and they look about the same as ours. I did see a DroidX 720p video and the videos I took with my phone were much better.

Low light pics are poor - even with flash. The autofocus seems to work, then once you click, a lot of the pics are out of focus - the screen focuses nicely, then in the next second while the pic is taken, it turns up dark/blurry.

Upvote 0
Am I the only one who hates the camera and cannot get it to take a single decent pic?

About 80% of my pics are blurred. Taking pics in the dark is a no-no. Doesn't actually take a pic a lot of the time. :mad::mad:

The camera on my old K800i was far superior IMHO. Never a poor shot.
Hiya mate, not had any blur issues, keep your hand steady and use the auto focus, press button half way, you should hear a noise and the square on screen goes green, then fully bress button.
or try the mode ' touch screen to take picture'
As for the dark pics, thats down to the lack of flash really, i dont understand why they have the flash, but dont use it, ive heard this was due to 1.6.
But a nice way around it for now, until / If SE Fix, is to use an app called

Vignette
Vignette - Android app on AppBrain

Its very good, and nice to use, even has a handy feature that lets you take full screen 8mp shots.

Reactions: prinston
Upvote 0
Well besides the initial LAUGHING, I thought it would be intertesing to see if they are not only legit (Heck they have 1646 Customer Provided Feedback, of which 99.5% are Postive), so I sent the Auctioner a "Message: Ask a Question" and here is the message I sent:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello, can you provide some additional pictures of this item specifically:
1. Lens - Provide "Close Up Shots" on how the Lens Attaches to the case. Also, who makes the Lens?
2. Case - How the Case fits together (Front and Back)? Also, what material is the case constructed of and how does this material protect the phone?
3. Clarification - Regarding the build quality.
4. Protection - How the case protects the phone from the Weather and Accidental Drops onto a hard (Concrete, Asphalt and Dirt) surface to name just a few.
Your assistance is appreciated….
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, we'll see what the say and I will advise when and if they do. Heck it may prove to be an interesting and possibly highly Laughable reply.......

Upvote 0
Hi wynney666 and rosered,

Thanks for the advice. No joy yet though! As I type, just tried taking a couple of pics of my keyboard. Press button half way, ** beep **, looks focussed, cool, then fully bress button, ** click ** (eventually!). Check pic. Blurred! Rubbish! Try again, exactly the same result. :mad:

Change to mode 'touch capture', slightly better, and I even got one non-blurred pic out of 3!! But surely this is still wrong! Why is it so much poorer than my 5 year old K800i? Have I got some duff settings? I have: image stabiliser on, 8 MP 4:3, normal scene. Almost never a decent pic :thinking: :(

Have now got the free version of Vignette, but not used it yet. Will try in the pub tonight! Hope it is better.

Otherwise, it seems I'm stuck with a camera that can't take a focussed or a low-light pic - and that, whether it be 1 MP or 8 MP, is not a good camera. :(

Upvote 0
I think for that price you could give it a hot. This sounds very promising because of the optical zoom, but since it is from HK I wouldn't trust it much. (to order gadgets) Bought a MP4 player from there a couple of years ago but it took like 3 weeks to deliver and it didnt even charge properly. I also bought ps3 controller from there and it became unresponsive after around 5 weeks of moderate usage.

I like xperia camera but sometimes it gets quite blurry.

Upvote 0
If you take a picture in the test menu is it still blurry... from your swype unlock screen, don't unlock and then press

Menu Back Back Menu
Back Menu Menu Back

And go into test services and try taking a picture. If its blurry there then maybe you have a defective camera or you might need to run a software repair to update it. This will wipe your phone tho so make sure you have contacts etc backed up to sd or synced.

I just took a pic of my net book, keyboard is in focus but screen as it tilts away loses the focus a little. Are yours worse than this? You can upload a pic as an attachement, when you post go advanced and then manage attachments. You may have to resize the file as there is an upload size limit.

Edit 2nd pic taken with increase in the white balance.

Attachments

• DSC_0155_web size.jpg
    DSC_0155_web size.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0158websize.jpg
    DSC_0158websize.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0
Have tried a pic through the test menu - it's still blurry!

I am trying to attach an example pic, and will do as soon as possible. I have just tried to email the pics from my phone to myself so I can upload.

But 'lo and behold! Another thing that doesn't seem to work with this phone! Not receiving any emails sent from the phone :mad::mad::mad: I'm getting well hacked off with this phone :(

EDIT: Okay, it was slow!

Link for pic of my keyboard : http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o252/disambiguation/keyboard.jpg

Link of how my pics generally come out - too dark and blurry:
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o252/disambiguation/darkandblurry.jpg

Upvote 0
You are not having the best of times with it are you. Are you sure you have your email settings correct... it's more often than not the port number isn't right. You have to get that from your email provider, normally somewhere in their help pages.

You could always bluetooth them to a laptop if your laptop has that facility. That's how I did it,.

Upvote 0
i use vignette camara app (get the pro version to use the 8mp). This uses flash too. Just change to non-shakey hand setting on any camara app, and u should be fine. Or are u a heroin addict and naturally have shakey hands - in that case i cannot help lol.

Only a handful of say a 100 pics i've taken have been a bit blurry. plus i use the touch capture, which allows u to steady the hand while the camara is focusing. vignette has an option that i find is useful - touch capture to focus then touch again to take picture, it then waits till ur hand is steady, then takes the picture - so perfect pics all the time (unless on a rollercoaster).

Upvote 0
Dear rosered,

The emailing was just slow, and I eventually received them. Please see my edited post above for example of blurred keyboard; and an example of how my pictures generally come out dark and blurry!

arfanvilla - I guess my hands aren't the steadiest! (probably down to copious amounts of white wine, not white powder :) ) But still, my pics come out fine on my old camera phone. :?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones