1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

How much Do you use your Nexus One?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Buck Shot, May 31, 2010.

?

How much do you use your Nexus One?

1. I use the shit out of mine

35 vote(s)
    57.4%
  2. I use it alot

24 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. I use it like a normal phone

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. I dont use it much

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Jersey Shore
    i use the shit out of mine....need to charge up again mid day

and yes i did make the same thread on xda... im just curious to how much u guys use it

Advertisement

2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Almost constantly. Enjoying Flash web games on it now too.

3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    I use it 'a lot', it lasts for 24 hours before I need to charge it. I have noticed that after I got my N1...I don't use it as a 'normal phone' as much, more like 'a mini laptop' XD I don't feel the N1 is 'enjoyable' at making phone calls (get a lot of DC and low speaker volume is *blah*)

4. TOR

TOR Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    It's almost an extension of me, I use it all the time, for a browsing, ad-hoc photos, searching, whatever.

5. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer
    New York
    between a lot and a shit amount, mostly ill get about 18 hours from the battery, but there are days that I need to pull the charger out or switch batteries. Roze said it best, its a mini computer for me that can make phone calls

6. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Jersey Shore
    u runnin any specific kernel to get that battery life?

7. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    An undervolted kernel, I'd guess. When I had one on, the phone seemed to last forever even under heavy use. It resulted in odd touchscreen problems, though, so I went back to a stock voltage one.

8. Roze

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    None XD just good ol' vanilla Eclair. I only use 2G and WIFI, so I'm thinking that's the main reason why I have decent battery life. Well my phone is on standby for the night so maybe 2-3% battery drop. I usually listen to music for 2-3 hours (commute and @ lunch) ...couple of hours playing games and surfing the net and less then an hour on the phone would last me a full day and I usually have 20% battery left.

I notice if I don't use my phone to talk, I get more battery life (a day and a half). I usually use the talk time as a benchmark of how good my battery is. I can get MAX 4 hours talk on my phone (2 hours and it uses exactly 1/2 of the battery)

9. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    All the time while at work downloading/listening to podcasts, possibly catching up on some tv shows off the web, or streaming audio. Don't worry about the battery since i have it plugged in pretty much all day as well.

10. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

I use it for texting (ShapeWriter), Facebook, and it's my primary music player. Was very happy to sell the iPod. I have a 16gb micro-sd and that's plenty for my music, with the occasional last.fm and Pandora.

I have a few games that are massively addicting: Jewels, Armored Strike.

11. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    My Nexus One has replaced Every Single One of my electronics:

1) TV/DVD - I watch all my favorite TV shows & movies on my N1 now w/ flash. I thought it'd be hard to watch on a smaller screen but I am comfortable w/ it now since I hold it close so the screen size versus a TV is negligible.

2) Video Gaming - The N1 has all the emulators + a Wiimote which takes care of all my gaming needs.

3) Laptop - On the N1 I surf the web, keep track of emails, and type reports for my college classes with Documents to Go + Bluetooth keyboard.

4) Camera - No more need for a bulky camera.

5) Voice recorder - N1 has voice recording app to handle any college lectures I need to record.

6) TomTom GPS - No more need for a GPS that doesn't even include traffic like my N1 does for FREE.

7) iPod touch - Already loaded up my music on my N1 so I dont need another device in my pocket to worry about.

8) Phone - of course, I had to include this. ;)

I'm almost to the point of selling all my things (laptop, TV, camera, voice recorder, GPS, iPod touch) since I am a minimalist and hate to keep things around that I dont use anymore, a.k.a. Clutter.

It blows my mind how good the N1 is... :eek:

12. Roze

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    @ap3604 and how long does your battery last if you use it that much o_O It sounds like it's in some kind of socket for most of the day, lol.

13. chaz_uk

chaz_uk Well-Known Member

Constantly using mine. I'd be lost without it now!

14. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    I don't know if you ever seen the show "Intervention" or "Addiction" but I always have the fear my family is going to call that show on me to get me into a Nexus One detox program ;)

15. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Screen time has not increased. Just changed from 95% computer 5% phone (pre N1) to about 50/50 computer/N1. Like many on this thread I think of my N1 more as a mini computer.

16. Roze

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    This is something that I find my friends don't understand when I tell them I drop close to $700 for the phone. They'd be like :eek: and think I'm crazy. And when I tell them that my phone is as powerful as a laptop with a 1Ghz processor and I can do anything on it and more than I can on my laptop . Their responses: it's still not a laptop or what's wrong with using your laptop -_-;

17. sourmilk

sourmilk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    if i had to give up either my laptop or my N1, i would probably give up my laptop.

18. I use mines a good amount. not overly excessive , but a decent amount

Tags: