1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How much free RAM do you have?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redsox985, Aug 30, 2011.

1. redsox985

redsox985 Android Enthusiast

So, just a quick poll to see about how much free RAM you all have. I check mine across the top of Autokiller Memory Optimizer.

The highest I've seen in 160MB but I usually float in the low 140's.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Speaking of ram, I just posted in another thread that Phandroid app takes up about 28mb of space and likes to force itself to stay open, even with PM notifications and syncing turned off.

I am rooted, using AMO with the "Optimum" setting. With the Phandroid app not hogging space, I have about 110mb on average, but in the low 80s when Phandroid is on. It seems to be one of the biggest ram hog of any app I have, as far as background running apps and I have 1.3gb of apps installed.

My vote was based on having Phandroid running. It seems to one of be the biggest ram offenders.

World Newspapers has it beat big time: 98mb of ram, but does not force to stay open.

3. beowulf7

beowulf7 Android Enthusiast

My RAM status currently says 261 MB used and 92 MB free (although it was just at 84 MB free a min. ago).

4. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Android Enthusiast

If I close all programs I usually end up with 150-200M free and it gradually goes down.

5. olufadi1

olufadi1 Lurker

If I end some apps I have about 100.

I didn't get rid of all bloatware because I like some of the social features.

I also left DLNA, FMradio, and kpilogger apks because I don't really know what they do. It seems like they run have some effect though when I look at what has affected battery life.

6. redsox985

redsox985 Android Enthusiast

Speaking of DLNA, I froze mine with TB but it continues to run.

Motorola Droid 3 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews