• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much free space does Angry Birds require?

LuvArabians

Dec 22, 2009
I've cleared as much free space as I can (call history, caches, apps, texts, etc) off my phone and have 38.43mb free. I still get an error message when I try to install Angry Birds saying there isn't enough free space. Any ideas what else I can remove from my phone to clear up space?

Thanks

Everyone is reporting that the magic number is 50 mb free. The app does not use all of that. Free up 50 mb, install angry birds, and then put back the apps you deleted to make room.

I suggest taking a second look through your apps and get rid of any you don't use. Then you can get rid of anything large that is free just to gain space. You can reinstall it once Angry Birds is installed.

Reactions: LuvArabians
Upvote 0
It took up 25mb of my memory. Quite a lot if you ask me cause it only leaves me with 23mb left

It does seem like a lot, but i think it is a good thing. Better quality games=larger file sizes. i am definitely ok with this. especially because with froyo comes Apps2Sd. so size will no longer matter and we will have better quality games.

Upvote 0
When's the next update coming out? I could really use that ability to save apps to the SD card right about now. Hopefully it comes out for the Eris and they don't leave us hanging

I wouldn't expect an official 2.2 for the Eris. I suspect the only way you're going to get that is to root and load a 2.2 ROM (or a 2.1 ROM that offers apps2sd, if that's your main goal).

Upvote 0
If you do the one-click root method you get the phone rooted without actually making any app changes to the phone. At that point you can install Titanium Backup (which requires root) and back up all of your apps and their data. Then when you load a new ROM you're easily able to restore your apps using TB (after you've once again downloaded it from the market).

Upvote 0
Can you unroot your phone? I don't really understand the negatives of rooting if there are such things.

You can unroot. The only downside to rooting is that it voids your warranty if they find out about it. If you unroot before sending it in, that should not be an issue. I can think of some potential problems with the phone that would make unrooting difficult. A broken trackball is one of the more common ones. Issues with the screen would pose another issue. I know there are smart people in the root subforum who have workarounds for just about everything as long as you have access to a PC.

Upvote 0
What if I "sell" it back to them when I upgrade to make the new phone cheaper? I did that with my LG Chocolate when I purchased my Eris. I wouldn't think the warranty would matter then.

I would unroot it. Why take the chance that they will refuse to accept it for having unauthorized software on it. It is as simple as flashing a ROM. There is a "flashback" ROM that unroots the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones