• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much is data throttled on $40 plan?

Didnt worry a bit when I was using Moto G 1 generation with the HSPA+ and just hummed right along. Almost as fast as 4g lte.
+1 and agree with @morgankslade . I've been using my 1st Gen Moto G on HSPA+ and have never had any slow downs. Now, I've only used maybe 2.5 to 3 Gigs of data during a month, but I'm on the $40 plan so should have been capped at 1 Gig and have never felt the sting of a slow down (other than in some areas where I don't get much data coverage, but those are small and few and far between down here in the Dallas area).

I guess that it'll depend on what phone you get from Metro (or bring to Metro on BYOD). If you use an LTE you might be capped.

I've had great service on Metro and really like it that much more, now that I'm using my own phone instead of a Metro purchased and branded phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones