• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much longer will you keep your EVO 4G?

Who is upgrading to the LTE and who is staying Old School?

• Going to upgrade to the EVO LTE and not look back.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Staying with the Original EVO, still kicking butt!

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Upvote 0
ill keep it forever
aile.gif

Upvote 0
Looks like I am done with the EVO 4G.

I thought I was going to hold off for a quad core HTC, or Samsung Galaxy S4, but I decided to get the EVO V 4G and move to Virgin Mobile. It saves me over half my bill, and is a phone upgrade at the same time. The new phone should be paid for in 4 months. After that, who knows...I'll probably stick with it for a whole year to reel in the savings.

Like most Americans, my paycheck just got hit with a SS tax witholdings increase. The switch will help me lower my bills.

Upvote 0
Looks like I am done with the EVO 4G.

I thought I was going to hold off for a quad core HTC, or Samsung Galaxy S4, but I decided to get the EVO V 4G and move to Virgin Mobile. It saves me over half my bill, and is a phone upgrade at the same time. The new phone should be paid for in 4 months. After that, who knows...I'll probably stick with it for a whole year to reel in the savings.

Like most Americans, my paycheck just got hit with a SS tax witholdings increase. The switch will help me lower my bills.

The way the economy is now, prepaid is becoming the way to go especially with more smartphones being offered. I doubt I will ever get a contract again. I'd rather use a dumb phone on a cheap prepaid plan than pay all that money on a 2 year contract.

Upvote 0
I have a hot-tubbed EVO 3D, an EVO 4G that is pristine [minus battery and SD Card] (both Sprint; the 3VO has a brand-new Gorilla Gadgets MegaBattery, and back cover); I also have a Samsung Prevail (working - 2gB SD Card), & all have root - I'd trade 'em for anything that'd work with Boost Mobile, that'd run ICS/Jellybean on up.

But, maybe pigs have wings - I'll go to a local shop to trade up ;)

Upvote 0
Last week me phone started going into Car Panel mode randomly throughout the day. I cleaned dalvik cache and cache, I reflashed my ROM, I flashed an old ROM, I froze Car Panel in Titanium Backup, I uninstalled Car Panel in Titanium Backup. But after days of trying I am going to have to say goodbye to my EVO. I truely felt like I gave my phone the equivelant of CPR to a human, doing everything I could think of before I had to call it.

Maybe it is not a complete goodbye, I will still use it for an mp3 player, maybe play some old games, maybe keep it around for a desperate backup situation, but it looks like it is time for me to move on. Whether I wanted to or not, I am being forced to move to another phone.

I am on Sprint and have been holding out for a Nokia phone for what feels like a year. I was eligible for an upgrade over a year and a half ago but I have held onto my Evo because I didn't think there was a better phone or community out there. I have wanted to try a Windows phone for quite awhile now and with Sprint only having 2 Windows phones, I have gone with the HTC 8XT.

It has only been 2 days on this new phone, but I am realizing really quickly that I am going to miss how much help there is out there for certain phones and OS's. This is getting a little long but wanted to say a thank you for all that have answered my questions, developed ROMs, written tutorials, or even asked the question I needed an answer to before I even asked it.

I didn't necessarily talk to some of you, but here is a thank you to some of the people who got this forum going or seemed to have answers to questions that helped me along the way.

twospirits, ocnbrze, Caloy, tube517, dan330, EarlyMon, Matlock, Covert_Death, and most definitely billsmed who seemed like he was the 1st (unofficial) moderator of the Evo forum who put the work into getting all of the information and rumors together.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones