1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How much memory is actually free on SD card??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cyaiphone, Aug 4, 2011.

1. cyaiphone

cyaiphone Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    I just rooted my phone last night using revolutionary and while creating a backup it said my sd card was full and couldn't complete. I deleted and cleared data on spotify and deleted all my music which free'd up about 3 gb. I have no videos and about 20 pictures on phone, but my sd memory card only shows I have 2.74 gb available.

after completing a complete back up which took up 1.4gb i now have 2.74gb available. My question is where in the heck is the other 5.26 gb of free space??? I only have about 20 apps downloaded some to sd card some not. What is taking up all this space on my sd card?? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Advertisement

2. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    what size sd card do u have? i had a similar problem with my 16gb card, after cwm nandroid i went from 7 gb free to 2. so i installed twrp and did a nandroid and deleted cwm and gained around 2 gb. also the rom i used put a full copy of green hornet on my sdcard which was 1.5 gb so i deleted that and back to 7gb. however i put all apps on sd card and just bought a 32 gb sdcard so i can make a big ext4 partition for dark tremor apps2sd, but i like to always have about 10 gb free. the 16 worked great for the evo 4g but i think its time to upgrade for me

3. backlund

backlund Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Download an app called Grid Size Free. It will give you a visual representation of what's on your SD card, and how much space it is using.

market.android.com/details?id=com.gridsizefree

4. cyaiphone

cyaiphone Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    revolutioary failed to install cwm so i just went with twrp. I only have the stock 8gb memory card, but maybe it's time for an upgrade even though i rarely hold stuff on the sd card besides pictures I take.

thanks buddy! i will try this out and report what it shows.

5. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Android Expert
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Honolulu
    Green Hornet is Nearly 2 GB - .....Nandroids are avg. 300-400MB -
    Sense is huge......

Tags: