1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How much power does Bluetooth use?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Winfried, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Winfried

Winfried Well-Known Member

Hello,

I'm thinking of getting the following add-on by Ulanzi to use a smartphone as a camera:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000748910504.html

I've never used Bluetooth on my Android phone: How much power can I expect it to use if I let it on a whole day?

Do you think I'll need to pair the phone + add-on every time I turn on the screen to take a picture, or will pairing remain active?

Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I have bluetooth on on my phone all the time. All day, every day. 99% of the time it is connected to something, whether its a BT speaker on my desk, my truck stereo, or various things in my house. I've never had any weird or excessive battery drain from it.

That will probably depend on the device. My phone connects to my truck when I start it with no interaction on my part. Most times I have to manually reconnect the speaker. So it will depend on the device.

puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  3. Winfried

Winfried Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input.

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  4. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Enthusiast

Yeah never heard of anything that losing Blue Tooth either, I have my hearing aids pretty much synch on and off throughout the days too,
    Guessing it varibles throughout what you used the Blue Tooth to attached it... Hmm...