• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much storage do you actually get?

AmyN

Lurker
Feb 28, 2016
I have a Note 2 and I'm getting ready to upgrade to the Note 5. On the 32GB floor model in Best Buy, there was about 16GB left. I realize there were a lot of unnecessary apps but I'm trying to find out, on a Verizon phone, how much space is actually available on a brand new Note 5, 32GB or 64GB?

I have a Note 2 and I'm getting ready to upgrade to the Note 5. On the 32GB floor model in Best Buy, there was about 16GB left. I realize there were a lot of unnecessary apps but I'm trying to find out, on a Verizon phone, how much space is actually available on a brand new Note 5, 32GB or 64GB?

I have a T-Mobile Note 5 64GB:
System memory out-of-the-box takes up 9.69GB,so,I'd say the VZW model is in the ballpark,give or take (probably a bit more,due to more bloatware than T-Mobile).
Regardless of which storage capacity you opt for,that's not gonna change,so,you're probably looking at:
22GB free for the 32GB Model.
54GB Free for the 64GB Model.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones