• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Much Time To Customize Your Incredible?

Camslam

Apr 1, 2010
Looking at all of the features, customization options, screens, etc.. that are found on the Incredible, does anyone have an estimation of how long it took you to get most of the stuff "fixed" the way you like it on your phone?

The reason I ask this, I just returned from the Verizon store after playing with the Incredible for another 20 minutes or so, and I thought, "wow, there is alot to personalize on this phone." (By the way, that is a good thing if you ask me).

I'll be upgrading to the Incredible or EVO in the next few weeks and I wanted to get an idea what kind of upfront time I need to invest to get the phone in "working" order. :)

I realize a lot of that depends on what you want to do with the phone, but if anyone has a general timeframe i.e., "it took me 2 hours, it took me 1 day, it's been a week and I'm still working on it", I'd be interested.

Thanks.

This is what I am afraid of, I've been back to the darn Verizon store 3 times just to mess with it and I know it is going to be addictive having my first smartphone. Just thinking about how I want to customize my 7 home screens is keeping me up at night.

With a job, 2 kids, a wife, extracurricular responsibilities, and life to live, this is going to be a bad time waster! :p

I guess I should count my lucky stars that Dexter, Californication, and Sons of Anarchy are several months away, so I'll still have SOME free time! :D

Upvote 0
I think I know what you mean, and for me I got the phone Friday evening and I got to a point where I felt satisfied with how I had it set up on Sunday afternoon. Of course you can always keep messing with things and customizing and discovering, but for me there was a definite point when I was very comfortable/happy with how I had it in terms of layout, sounds, notifications, etc. Now I'm in the "trying new things and exploring cool new apps" part, but when I'm not interested in messing with it I'm perfectly happy with how it is when I pick it up for everyday use.

Upvote 0
Looking at all of the features, customization options, screens, etc.. that are found on the Incredible, does anyone have an estimation of how long it took you to get most of the stuff "fixed" the way you like it on your phone?
With your lifestyle, figure a couple of days. After that you'll be playing with what you have set up. As you get comfortable with the phone, figure and hour or so every now and again as you add features. A very fun obsession.

Upvote 0
Seems like these Android phones, and in my case the HTC phones should borrow a line from Pringles, "once you start, you can't stop!"

I appreciate all the info on this forum because it gives me a good head start for when I do get the phone. I think you are all correct in that it will be an ongoing hobby of sorts.

With all the apps that continue to be created and all the different ways you can use these darn phones, I would be surprised if you ever get everything the way you want and keep it that way.

I was more talking about the general stuff, like figuring out the home screens, ringtones, alarm clock, setting up all the contacts, email, downloading apps you want, etc... I think a couple of days, (hardcore days) will probably do it in the beginning.

Good info though, thanks for the posts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones