• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much usage can you get?

Ashtiany

Lurker
Jun 14, 2010
Hey guys.

I get around 5 to 7 hours use with mine, and i've only owned it for about a week, and this is after a couple of complete discharges aswell.

So how much 'awake' time do you guys get?

Another thing, does anyone else find it stupid how the awake time and up time don't reset after a full charge?!

Just give it a week and you will find the battery life will improve,for some reason it takes a week or so for the battery to become properly conditioned by multiple charges/discharges.

Mine started out like yours and i even considered taking it back but after reading certain posts on this forum i decided to be patient and i now can get 18 to 24 hours of battery life,depending on use of course.

Upvote 0
Just give it a week and you will find the battery life will improve,for some reason it takes a week or so for the battery to become properly conditioned by multiple charges/discharges.

Mine started out like yours and i even considered taking it back but after reading certain posts on this forum i decided to be patient and i now can get 18 to 24 hours of battery life,depending on use of course.

I agree with that as when i got mine i could only get 9/10 hours out of it if i was lucky but now after having it for about 3 months im getting around 16 hours out of it so keep with it as it will get better.

Upvote 0
I'm up to anywhere between 20-24 hours dependant on uses. Just seems to have jumped to that over the last couple of days, for most of the 1st week I had it charge lasted around 12-15.

Maybe doesn't seem as good as what some people get but I used mine fairly heavily still, just can't put the damn thing down...

Upvote 0
Well mine typically lasts over a day easily. You don't want to discharge it completely only every month or so to retrain it.

I got a charger dock the other day, I am not sure if it stops charging once its at max capacity so I turned off the charge last night with 80% charge. I left the screen on constantly and came back to around 24% charge this morning that was on a screen brightness of 20% on about 7 hours constantly showing the clock.

Upvote 0
Mine usually lasts the day, but when I travel down to London I listen to music / play games / browse the net on the 3-hour train journey and usually have to charge it on the train or when I get there!

And I think it makes sense for the up time to remain even after a charge - after all, the phone has still been "up" during that time. My phone was sluggish yesterday so I checked my uptime and saw I hadn't restarted it in over a week! So I gave it a quick restart and it's a lot better now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones