• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How often is the "dead pixels" problem?

Do you have dead pixels on ypur Hero while booting?

• I haven't mentioned till now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MiRaGe

Nov 22, 2009
Hi guys!
I'd like ask all of you how often is this problem in Hero series?
I bought one a month ago and it has some stucked pixels, but I heard that the chance of getting even worse phone is bigger, so I decided to keep this one, because these dots are practically invisible during the common work with the phone.
I can see one or two if I set the brightness level to full, but thats my second question- how many of you use brightness on full or you do prefere to keep it on automatic? I discovered that on manual setting the phone loses light sensor function, am I right?

HTC should be more careful about us- the clients...
HTC dont make the screens, they buy them in, same as most manufacturers do (except probably samsung?). LCD screens suffer from dead pixels, it's just a fact of life with the technology at the pixel densities theyre trying to achieve.

ALL manufacturers phones have them. Even the saintly and perfect iphone.

The only way to reduce dead pixels is to test all of the screens you buy and throw away the ones that have them. And guess what, that means your phone will cost another 50 - 100 quid.

these dots are practically invisible during the common work with the phone
once using the phone in full flow they can't be seen
you don't notice it after it boots up
Theyre only visible during boot
when it dims to my usual level and the phone is in use, they're impossible to see

All that extra cash for you to spend and all those lost sales for HTC (because lots of people will refuse to buy at the more expensive price) in order to have a screen that provides NO VISIBLE DIFFERENCE DURING NORMAL USE.

Upvote 0
I have one, but like most people here, it is down in the bottom right and I can only see it during boot up.

I had 5 on my first PSP, all in a cluster right in the middle of the screen. That went back straight away... Unfortunatly stuck / dead pixels are just a problem that comes with LCD's, it is no more a problem on the Hero than it is on any other device with an LCD

Upvote 0
I've no idea if I've got dead pixels.

That is to say - I see no dead pixels in normal use of any phone function. As I've not rebooted my phone in two weeks I don't know if there will be any at boot up but if there are I'm not going to worry about it. As others have said no lcd panel is perfect, it just depends on whether any defect affects normal operation.

Upvote 0
I have one dead pixel, top centre, during boot-up, which I noticed it on switching it on for the first time (cue feeling of dread at the prospect of having to arrange a courier to collect it, return it to 3, wait for them to exchange it and then post a replacement out to me).

It's the first phone I've had that's come with a dead pixel and I was surprised to learn that it's a common occurrence with the Hero.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones